ScreenFX Distortions and Blurs [SUBMITTED]

Hi guys!

My package of screen effects has been submitted to the Marketplace!

The package contains two groups of post processing materials - distortion and blur materials. In sum there are 9 materials, 15 material instances and 11 original textures.

Distortions:

• Generic distortion based on a texture map. Implemented water droplets, water distortion and frost effects. Can use special fade map to control appearance.
  • Bulge effect.
  • Oldskool wavy underwater effect.

Blurs

• Optimized 5x5 and 9x9 Gaussian blurs (9 and 25 texture taps accordingly). Including masked versions which allow blurring parts of the screen.
  • Radial blur.
  • Circular blur.

Each material also comes with one, two or three ready to use material instances. Materials are customizable and all of them can be fade in or out gradually.

If you like the package, please vote here.

Below are the few screens and the video where most of the materials are shown.
screenfx0_0.jpg
screenfx0_1.jpg
screenfx0_2.jpg
screenfx0_3.jpg
screenfx0_4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTM_rexPku0

Got a question? Feel free to ask! :smiley:

Planned price? :slight_smile:

I didn’t come up with the final price yet, though it will be approximately the same as the other products in its category.
Any questions about the package itself? :slight_smile:

Does it work on mobile?

TBH I didn’t try it on mobile yet, guess I have to figure it out! (though it’ll be some delay due to holiday season)

Nice work, really. I’m interested to integrate some FX in my game. Are they available somewhere?

Could the water droplet effect work as a material applied to a material (glass), or is it a screen effect only?

@****
After reading through UE documentation I don’t think these effects are feasible on mobiles.

@Scott Waddell
There are only post processing materials in the package currently.

@MickCD
The package has been released on the Marketplace recently!

Hi, is there an intention to make this work on 4.9.x currently?

I’m also really interested if they are working to make it compatible with 4.9.

The OP linked video seems to be set to private so it won’t play for me.