User Contributed Notes for Unreal Engine 4 Documentation

Hi everyone,
I have a hard time learning the c++ part of the unreal engine. The main reason is that Unreal Engine documentation it is poorly written. If I compare it to game engine like Unity3D that has sample code and a lot in-depth information. I always end up dig through the codes or google to understands how it works and this takes a lot of time.

I know it’s a lot work for epic game to make good documentation for every function. But why not let the community do it? I made simple concept in Photoshop, I was wondering what you guys thinking of this.

By the way sorry for my bad English :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like win win to me. Helps Epic. Helps us. Lots of people here on the forums have specializations in different parts of the engine. Their take on C++ and Blueprints (how to use certain nodes) with short examples would be awesome. Good idea.

We are actively looking into solutions to let the community help improve the documentation. Your concept looks great and is pretty much along the lines of what we would like to do. I’m not sure what the exact solution will ultimately be or when it will be available though.

We will be sure to let you know just as soon as we have something to share. :slight_smile:

This would be really good ! I like it !

+1
awsome , extend it to all the documentation, not just in C ++ & Blueprint will be great

I got this idea from the php.net their use this system for years. So it may be good reference.
It has saved my projects a lot of times :slight_smile:

The PHP documentation has been one of the main inspirations for us wanting this as well.

Awesome! Than I don’t have to worry anymore, The only thing I need to do is wait.