I think we need a Multiplayer/Networking forum in Development Discussion

I don’t know whether to post my networking/replication related posts in blueprint or C++. Sure if its something very specific to blueprint or C++ I can post in the correct forum, but most of my questions are perfectly applicable in BP or C++, in fact I may be asking whether or not I should do something in BP or C++.

Examples of topic examples:

• Blueprint calling C++ NetMulticast is bugged
  • How do I build an MMO?
  • When to use replicated variables vs RPC? Can I use both for the same thing?
  • What’s the best way to update the appearance of my Pawn for late joining clients (I.E maybe they are covered in blood)?
  • Why is my replicated variable + ForceNetUpdate still not updated when a subsequent RPC is fired?
  • How do I make replicated variables more instant? (Like in ShooterGame)

Note: You don’t need to answer these .

I agree I have been waiting for them to create a sub-forum on this topic but it has not been done :stuck_out_tongue: I think it is worth having it’s own sub-forum.

I’m holding back on asking some questions because I don’t know what forum to post them in, and I have a feeling when I do, they’ll be met with no response.

I’ve been waiting for a networking specific forum for a while too. Would love to see one.

This is a good idea. Networking is a dragon nest itself and having an area to burn them in would be great.

A networking subforum would be awesome!

+1

I am not working on networking just yet, but it would be great to have a compiled source for when I do start! :slight_smile:

+1 for networking forum

Sounds great!

We’veposted this week’s Twitch stream topic now, and it’s on networking! Also, we’ll announce and officially kick off the November game jam during the stream, so don’t miss it, guys :slight_smile:

Bump…

+1
I to like to see a sub forum for networking, it be nice to have it all in one place.
But at the same time if you are doing something network related, i guess it be natural to post in the forum.
Of the language you are working in (Blueprint`s/ C++).

Maybe a better way is to “force” every user to add atleast one tag to forum posts.
And we could just search for the tag Networking.

I like this idea +1

Thanks again for the input! We’re slowly peeling out specific sections for the forums while trying to remain concise, so we’ll see how this would fit into some of those plans :cool:

Yep, this would be mighty convenient.
+1

Hey Guys. I believe this would be an awesome addition as a lot of people have networking questions and having them all in one place would be a great place to share the knowledge.

Yes, please, that would be great!

Definetly it´s a must

+1 <<<<<<<

networking is dead area of blueprints, it seems like it easy to make and everyone who you ask about something know right answer, but actually not, they all just saw one video series.