Black and white theme interior

Hi Everyone,

This is my first attempt on unreal engine to ‘re-create’ my fiancee’s interior design work in unreal engine 4.

I would really love to hear from you on how i can improve my work and make it look nicer.

Hardy

Hey man,

good start so far! Looks nice :slight_smile:

What I would try out:

• reduce the overall bloom
  • tweak the tiling of the marble floor (maybe its supposed to be like this, but it feels way to large and doesnt resonate well with the environment proportions)
  • decrease the SSAO and instead boost the baked one from lightmass (is disabled by default) it looks way more real and high quality
  • I like the basic seperation of you materials, but they all lack detail definition to tell you what that object is really made of (yeah, it somehow works of course for the black kitchen panels, but the overall distributed materials definitely lack definition)
  • Add microstructure with a nice roughness map, you dont necessarily need normal maps! Especially having subtle variation and scratches on the roughness for plastic can help a looot! Make it really barely noticable, but it adds to the overall realism. Even if you have stuff that is all new…small imperfections make it come alive.
  • Check some of your lightmap UVs or the objects resolution, there are definitely some small baking issues I can see :smiley:

Yeah…that were the most obvious things that came to my mind. But hey…still a very good start! :slight_smile:

Cheers man and keep up the good work!

Thanks Daedalus51. I will try out your comments and post here on my new results.

Hellloooo,

Sorry as i am still a complete noob.

What does
“decrease the SSAO and instead boost the baked one from lightmass (is disabled by default) it looks way more real and high quality” mean?

Seems like it would be really make a lot of difference.

Thanks in advance.

Hardy

SSAO means Screen Space Ambient Occlusion. It is in your Post Process Volume. I think it has a default value of 0.5.

Go to World Settings –> Lightmass –> enable *Use Ambient Occlusion. *You can then adjust various options below that to boost the effect.

Howdy hardyhutajaya,

Great work so far on your interior project! I cant wait to see the finish work. Be sure to keep us updated as you progress along in the development of your scene. Have a great day!

Great work! Keep it up :slight_smile: