Abstract ArchViz

Inspired by all the stunning ArchViz content created in UE4, here is something a little different – abstract/brutalist architecture:

Just experimenting with matinee using a scene I’ve been prototyping. One stationary directional light source to support static lightmaps + dynamic shadows from the massive occluding objects moving overhead.

I am terrible at modeling/UV, so everything was created in the UE4 editor using the stock “Shape Cube” and some modified stock materials.

1 Like

Nice! I would love to see this as an VR environment / experience :slight_smile:

I haven’t finished updating my prototype for Rift DK2, but you can download a DK1-compatible prototype of a different scene here: singmetosleep (early prototype) by acatalept

Not sure if that will do horrible things if you try to run it with a DK2 in Extended Mode, or if it might Automagically Just Work. :wink: But I plan to get a DK2-ready prototype out there soon…

Man this looks super awesome! :smiley: Couldnt stop watching and the soundtrack was hypnotizing^^ Nice stuff!

Fantastic work acatalept! That soundtrack fits the project very well. Keep up the great work and cant to see more from this project as you progress along in your development. Keep up the great work!

Thank you to you and the rest of the Epic crew for creating such an incredible toolset, and making it available to mere mortals like myself :wink: Just playing around with the UE4 tools themselves is like some next-level, meta, futuristic twist on the Minecraft/sandbox game/Lego concept – I’m even teaching my 6 year old (a huge Lego & Minecraft fan) how to use UE4!

Ha…I am thinking about that as well! :smiley: But first, my son has to get older ^^