4.4.3 Hotfix is Live!

9/16/2014 Hotfix 4.4.3

Here is the latest set of fixes we have in store with Hotfix 4.4.3!

4.4.3 fixes:

• Fixed a crash after loading a Blueprint with particular linked nodes set as a dependency of another Blueprint.
  • Fixed a .NET Framework SDK test dependency added in 4.4.1.
  • Added Xcode 6 support; please review the known issues.
  • Improved Oculus compatibility with the Vehicle template – fixed the camera setup and replaced the vehicle mesh.

Known Xcode 6 issues

• Unreal Engine 4.4 only supports Xcode 5 for non-GitHub users. We recommend not upgrading and not auto-updating to Xcode 6 because things will break. If you do update to Xcode 6 you’ll be able to download Xcode 5 from the iOS Dev Center.

• [Go here (login required)](https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=Xcode%205).

• Select and download Xcode 5.1.1.

• Completely replace Xcode 6 with Xcode 5.1.1 (in the Applications directory).

• Content-only projects are not affected.

• GitHub projects may fail to compile for iOS the first time. Recompiling should resolve the issue.

• These issues will be resolved in 4.5

Thanks for the info! I’ve just got it downloaded and will be giving it a test drive shortly.

how to update it? I using UE4 Launcher, Library -> Engines 4.4.2 got (!) icon,
Engine + just show 4.3.1, no have 4.4.3.

Cool thanks !

[=]
how to update it? I using UE4 Launcher, Library -> Engines 4.4.2 got (!) icon,
Engine + just show 4.3.1, no have 4.4.3.
[/]

Same here , not update ? i got (!) icon 3s, now nothin

Hi and ,

When you are in the Library section of the Launcher, you should see that your engine slot containing version 4.4.2 now has an Update button instead of a Launch button. Clicking the Update button will allow you to update the Engine to 4.4.3. If you do not want to update to 4.4.3, you can still launch the Engine by clicking the Launch button on the left side of the Launcher with version 4.4.2 selected.

[= ;]
Hi and ,

When you are in the Library section of the Launcher, you should see that your engine slot containing version 4.4.2 now has an Update button instead of a Launch button. Clicking the Update button will allow you to update the Engine to 4.4.3. If you do not want to update to 4.4.3, you can still launch the Engine by clicking the Launch button on the left side of the Launcher with version 4.4.2 selected.
[/]

Need restart launcher , now i see Update button , thank you so much

@ can we have an F5 refresh function in the launcher to remove the need of restart or an refresh button whatever. Makes it more user friendly imo.

ps: will see if any issues come up with new hotifx thanks.

[= ;]
Hi and ,
[/]

Oh yes, last night still no have the Update button, today show it already,
update now, around 900MB, thanks a lot. :smiley:

Thanks for looking after the Oculus side of things.

woops nevermind

I already updated but I still have the problem with adding new classes, and is a basic thing to do…
Does anyone have the same problem?
I tried deleting the .h and .cpp, recompiling the game and then rebuild the Project on Visual (through the editor), but it gives me an error.

Edit: Problem was caused by the fact that the project was created with the 4.2.2 version. Remade a new project and imported the source code,blueprints,animations,etc, everything works now.

… was an error not linked to the hot fix so I removed the comment in order to keep the thread clean…

[= ;144166]
9/16/2014 Hotfix 4.4.3

Here is the latest set of fixes we have in store with Hotfix 4.4.3!

4.4.3 fixes:

• Fixed a crash after loading a Blueprint with particular linked nodes set as a dependency of another Blueprint.
  • Fixed a .NET Framework SDK test dependency added in 4.4.1.
  • Added Xcode 6 support; please review the known issues.
  • Improved Oculus compatibility with the Vehicle template – fixed the camera setup and replaced the vehicle mesh.

Known Xcode 6 issues

• Unreal Engine 4.4 only supports Xcode 5 for non-GitHub users. We recommend not upgrading and not auto-updating to Xcode 6 because things will break. If you do update to Xcode 6 you’ll be able to download Xcode 5 from the iOS Dev Center.

• [Go here (login required)](https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=Xcode%205).

• Select and download Xcode 5.1.1.

• Completely replace Xcode 6 with Xcode 5.1.1 (in the Applications directory).

• Content-only projects are not affected.

• GitHub projects may fail to compile for iOS the first time. Recompiling should resolve the issue.

• These issues will be resolved in 4.5
    [/]

Something really weird is going on for me with DK2 and the vehicle template! turning head left/right actually moves head position forward/back (whilst also turning it left/right as expected)! And yes that is a reset camera and everything else (inc my own stuff) working just fine in UE4. I’m on the latest FW and recent runtime (from a week or so ago) while UE4 is still using the previous SDK I think? When will it be updated to the 0.4.2 sdk if not already?

My problem may stem from a recent botched reinstall of UE4 after a custom build to remove (only for dev) the stupid HSW for the rift that comes up every time you make a move, NOT good for development and that should be removable in development builds (I know why it has to stop for distributed software). Epic, have a word with Oculus and please sort something out between you to enable access to the health and safety warning flag so we don’t have to recompile our own plug in/engine with each new release just to work around ridiculous (yes ridiculous sorry) thing that no developer should have to endure while doing lots of very quick tests. Sometimes I see that HSW 5 times a minute or more when trying things out, and it gets in the way of fast development as you need to wait each time, miss out on early important feedback from your software or have to build in timers to delay the ‘action’ just to wait for the HSW to timeout (even with a key press)… zzzz

thanks

[=Sharpfish;145800]
Something really weird is going on for me with DK2 and the vehicle template! turning head left/right actually moves head position forward/back (whilst also turning it left/right as expected)! And yes that is a reset camera and everything else (inc my own stuff) working just fine in UE4. I’m on the latest FW and recent runtime (from a week or so ago) while UE4 is still using the previous SDK I think? When will it be updated to the 0.4.2 sdk if not already?

My problem may stem from a recent botched reinstall of UE4 after a custom build to remove (only for dev) the stupid HSW for the rift that comes up every time you make a move, NOT good for development and that should be removable in development builds (I know why it has to stop for distributed software). Epic, have a word with Oculus and please sort something out between you to enable access to the health and safety warning flag so we don’t have to recompile our own plug in/engine with each new release just to work around ridiculous (yes ridiculous sorry) thing that no developer should have to endure while doing lots of very quick tests. Sometimes I see that HSW 5 times a minute or more when trying things out, and it gets in the way of fast development as you need to wait each time, miss out on early important feedback from your software or have to build in timers to delay the ‘action’ just to wait for the HSW to timeout (even with a key press)… zzzz

thanks
[/]

I’m going to test that out today, we thought that the issue was fixed, but it may be something different.

EDIT: We identified the problem with head tracking. The current work around is to go into the Sedan BP, find the area “Handle VR Device camera movement” and remove the Set Relative Location. Then you will want to make a camera manager for your controller with “Follow HMD orientation” checked on.

[= ;145999]
I’m going to test that out today, we thought that the issue was fixed, but it may be something different.

EDIT: We identified the problem with head tracking. The current work around is to go into the Sedan BP, find the area “Handle VR Device camera movement” and remove the Set Relative Location. Then you will want to make a camera manager for your controller with “Follow HMD orientation” checked on.
[/]

I’m not using it myself (was just trying it out while I had some minutes spare) but that info will be useful and thanks for checking into it so quickly!

EDIT > OK so I decided to go ahead and try it out as you said, and indeed it removes that error. However I now see that the degrees of turning are over-exaggerated (seemingly times 2), for example if I turn left by 20 degrees physically, in game it turns my camera 45 degrees (owl vision!!! :slight_smile: ) is in the vehicle blueprint still with the only changes as you mentioned above. Did I miss something else??

[=DieByZer0;144764]
@ can we have an F5 refresh function in the launcher to remove the need of restart or an refresh button whatever. Makes it more user friendly imo.
[/]

Thank you for the suggestion. I have made a note of and made sure that our Launcher team is aware of it.

[=Sharpfish;146028]

EDIT > OK so I decided to go ahead and try it out as you said, and indeed it removes that error. However I now see that the degrees of turning are over-exaggerated (seemingly times 2), for example if I turn left by 20 degrees physically, in game it turns my camera 45 degrees (owl vision!!! :slight_smile: ) is in the vehicle blueprint still with the only changes as you mentioned above. Did I miss something else??
[/]

I’m going to be working with our VR team all day today to make sure the template is fixed up properly. Let us know about any other issues you find in the meantime

@Unreal VR: maybe there could be a table of what UE4 version corresponds to which Oculus SDK version? I almost updated to Oculus SDK 0.4.2, but thankfully I dug into the Hotfix notes here, and see that 0.4.2 is not yet supported.

might be useful to link to in various places, through all the various documentation. Maybe the table could be on the wiki (), and it linked to when relevant? Or maybe it could be in the official docs?

There might be cases where developers want to package for different SDK numbers, due to features/glitches/audience?

Anyway, I may take a stab at it and try to put something on the wiki. But maybe if it was officially prepared then it would be more technically correct.

Thanks for supporting VR!