UMG Tutorials ( Introduction and data binding )

http://i0.wp.com/www.lodzero.com///2014/09/71.

Hey guys, are 2 tutorials from me on UMG. The first one is a basic introduction so a little bit boring but the second one is kinda neat. It is very simple but effective I hope. Please let me know if you have any questions and if you like these I can perhaps do even more complex ones soon!

UMG - Introduction

UMG - Better looking UI and Data Binding

UMG - Main Menu

Great!
Keep them coming :smiley:

I was going to send you a message to ask for UMG tutorials but you are one step ahead of course. Please keep em coming. They are looking amazing!

Hey ,

Glad to see you got these going! I’ll set aside time this week and see what I can get going! :slight_smile:

Tim

Hey Tim, cheers! I’ve sent you a new build of the game on skype, we should try it out sometime :slight_smile:

is a new tutorial, still basic stuff but I’ll try and get the more juicy tutorials about score-boards, server browser etc soon!

UMG - Main Menu

Thank you :wink:

Hey ,

I love these kind of tutorials, it allows you to work through the documentation you have put together at your own pace. I will be trying out the Main Menu again tomorrow as I had slight trouble trying to open the menu from in-game. However I can’t wait to see the future tutorials, especially the score-boards!

Hopefully I will be able to show you what I have at the moment soon as I think it looks quite impressive.

Good luck and thanks for the tuts!

I recently started making video tutorials on how to create a basic menu in UMG, but one thing i lerned from this is that using the bindings are a probably bit easier and less cluttery rather than having it all in the graph. I played around with some ideas i had for bindings but couldnt get them on the first few times.

will likely focus my next video on them a bit more a long with finishing the options screen.

Using Binding to keep track of values is definitely the way to go. Coming from a background of Winforms and WPF I can definitely see a huge benefit of using Binding whenever possible!

Keep up the good work.

Hello,
thanks a lot for this tutorial. I learned a lot.

Awesome tutorial ! Have you already placed this on our Wiki Tutorials page. If not, you can find that page : A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums. Keep up the fantastic work!

Nice , Just a thought, the tutorials have no link to one another, perhaps add links to adjacent UMG topics in the pages.

This is extremely helpful mister! Thanks alot!

@Sean, I haven’t posted it yet on the wiki, will do soon :slight_smile:
@Starseeker, good idea, cheers!
@Pabooklas, glad you like it, I’m working on some more :slight_smile:

Hi ,
Thank you for your contribution.

I did your tutorial and I’ve an issue cause the checkbox “Modal” from the Add to Viewport’s node.
The Menu appears correctly when I press my keyboard’s button, but I can’t hide the Menu, nothing happen… . If I uncheck the “Modal” checkbox, I can show and hide the menu but it’s impossible to click on the menu buttons!
Am I alone in this case??

Best regards,