Copy splines from one level to another

I’m trying to copy the splines I edited in a level, into another level. Is it possible, if so, how can I do that?
Thanks!

As far as I know it isn’t possible -> but you could just copy the entire landscape into your new level (or do what you want to do in the level with the splines) :slight_smile:

If you haven’t looked into them yet the Blueprint Spline Components are a very powerful tool now in the engine that may help as well.

Thanks guys!

I’ve seen the examples of the BP spline components, now I’ll look into them more closely and follow some tuts…
…in the meantime copying the entire landscape could be a good trick!

is a good series to start with made by one of the users for the spline blueprint. Well worth a watch to get started and getting some functionality that feels more like the spline tool from landscape.

?v=3GIcFrR-bJk

Hey , while we’re on the subject, I have a quick question about using the BP Spline / Landscape spline.

Is there any way to use my own custom road tool (based off of 's road tool video) in the way that landscape splines work? What I mean specifically is the raise/lower terrain along spline function, leveling the landscape and making a road grade. Is there a way to use my spline instead of the landscape spline to do currently? I have looked but could not find any info, and I believe it is not currently possible, but thought I would check in case.

The main reason I would like to use mine instead is that mine allows adjusting the Tangent Scale (as in Dokipens video), which allows me to create much smoother corners without needing to use a large amount of smaller planes to smooth the corner. With the landscape spline, I get much more angular corners (my mesh is 1024 length x 512 width).

If is not yet available, let me know and I will put in a request. Thanks! :slight_smile:

is something that cannot be done currently. would be a cool to put in. Post in the feedback section of the forums for a request and accompanying features you’d like to see and I’ll see if I can get a request in for that soon.

For the landscape spline, when you create the corners you can smooth them out more by selecting a segment > hold ctrl > click and it’ll pop another point between the two segments. Not sure if you were aware of that one or not.

Yes I was, but unfortunately doesn’t help in my situation, it is the meshes along the spline that have the problem, regardless of the number of points and segments… But I will post a request with some images so you can see what I meant. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks .
It’s a good point to start practicing.