Demo Benchmark: LandscapeMountains.exe (62fps)

I occasionally see posts from users having framerate issues and I began to wonder about my own system.

I am using the first 10 seconds of play from the Marketplace LandscapeMountains.exe demo as a test. I’m also interested in knowing what cards yield higher fps for the same test.

Is 62fps a typical framerate for my system spec? (see below)

-------------
Benchmark
-------------
62 fps / 16.13 ms
(Launcher & UE4 Editor closed)

-------------------
Scalability Setting
-------------------
EPIC

------------
Resolution
------------
Fullscreen [ALT+ENTER]
Single monitor (23inch) 1920x1080
(extend display disabled) 

---------------------------------------------------------
System Information (using dxdiag-->[Save All Info])
---------------------------------------------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Processor: 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Driver Version: 9.18.13.4052

I believe Unreal automatically caps the FPS at 62 so your rig is doing pretty awesome. This may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure it does. :slight_smile:

Cool.

Do you have a reference to where that capping info can be found?

Hi Ash22,

This can be controlled in the Project Settings > General Settings > Frame Rate > Max FPS

This will not work for PIE but by going to Play > Standalone game you’ll be able to see that the max FPS is being used here. As an aside, the FPS for the editor itself is capped to a max of 120 even though the fps may go higher.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi , thanks for that pointer.

My Smoothed FrameRate Range is indeed 22 - 62.

I know some framerate-sensitive calculations can go a bit mad if a framerate fluctuates too wildy without stabilization.
That aside, is there any disadvantage to simply disabling this range (to let the engine max out!) or even setting the max range to 120.0 ?