a 64-bit debugging operation is taking longer than expected

Hi, getting error when trying run new instance of c++ shooter tutorial (ue version 4.4.0) on vs 2013 express

error window name:

operation taking longer than expected

error window text:

a 64-bit debugging operation is taking longer than expected

this may be caused by incompatibility with 3rd party networking software. see help for troubleshooting these issues ( link to How to: Debug 64-Bit Applications | Microsoft Learn )

when i press terminate button on this window i get next error window

error window name:

Microsoft Visual

error window text:

Unable to start program ‘D:\ue4\engine\Unreal Engine\4.4\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe’

The network connection to the Visual Remote Debugger has been closed.

Screenshots of these error windows:

I do all steps by video http://www…com/watch?v=nzq7hGmxLP8∈dex=2&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gaCL2XjKluO7N2Pmmw9pvhE except directory settings mentioned inanswers.unrealengine.com/questions/66150/solution-for-errors-lnk1181-and-rc1015.html steps 3-5

When i change platform to win 32 in project settings, i still get the same error. Any ideas how fix it?

If you don’t have such error, i suggest help me find solution by simple task:

run process monitor, start new project from tuturial vehicle c++ and run new instance like in video, then stop process monitor tracking and save log, then give it to me, i will try compare my own and find the difference

Hi ,

Please post this to the answerhub under the bug reports section at http://answers.unrealengine.com so we can further assist you. Thank you!

Postet there already.

, can you help me with simple thing:

run process monitor, start new project from tuturial vehicle c++ and run new instance like in video, then stop process monitor tracking and save log, then give it to me, i will try compare my own and find the difference

problem solved, ty stack overflow again :smiley: windows - Visual Studio 2012 A remote operation is taking longer than expected - Stack Overflow

solution that helped me:

I think you should try this:

Run cmd.exe as administrator. Type in and run the following two lines of commands: 1) netsh winsock reset catalog

1. netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

It may say that a is required, but actually that is not necessary. Try to debug your application again, the problem should be solved. EDIT: Sorry for not providing an explanation for this before. The answer actually came from a Chines e forum and the original author didn’t explain it much. But he did say that it’s because Visual is a 32bit program which may have problem accessing network under 64bit Windows 7, and the aforementioned solution resets the network connection therefore solves the problem. Hope this helps.