Any plans to open source Slate?

Are there any plans to open source Slate? Or will it always be tight to Unreal Engine with it’s pricing model?

Hi

Source for Slate and all other engine features are available to subscribers via GitHub.

For just $19 you get access to all of the engine’s source code and tons of other content, forever. You can even cancel your subscription immediately and still have access to anything you had during your subscription period forever. We feel that is a pretty good deal and so we do not have any plans for changing to a completely open source model. I hope answers your questions, please let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Yes it really is a nice deal but I am working with my university on a game engine and I might have to write the editor for it and Slate/Qt immediately came to mind. The project will be completely open source and that’s where I think we will get some legal issues when we would use Slate.

I don’t think that I would be allowed to put the Slate .dll in my Github folder, which means that who wants to use my editor would have to buy Unreal Engine, compile Slate and copy the .dll in the right place.

But thanks for the reply.