Creating the most realistic farming simulator

Hello everyone i have started a little team we want to create the most realistic farming game ever created currently we are looking for people to join our project but first i want you oppinion on subject how realistic can it be graphics /animations etc i have a cgi video from a machine manurfactura sry my bad english :slight_smile:

CLAAS LEXION DYNAMIC COOLING / 2013 - YouTube

Best Regards

1 Like

It can be as detailed as you can make it basically, there are limits to polycount for models and whatnot (5 million polys for each vehicle will slow the game down, but you also wouldn’t need that much detail to make it look amazing). is another game related to what you are talking about, it is done in a different engine (I think? not 100% sure, *EDIT: Looks like it is made using the Source engine), but the level of detail you see is definitely obtainable in UE4. Have a look at some of the images and videos and see if is similar to what you are looking for:

http://farming-simulator.com/

By the way, welcome to the UE4 community! :slight_smile:

I’m working on a farming ranching game I got some art work done I’d be interested in what you guys got going. Maybe we can pool resources.

Its possible, you can do it with time in order of money, but you must be ready to expend tons of your time

The Farming Simulator game mentioned in the link, use their own engine, which is named “Giants Engine”. It’s, in my opinion, quite limited. It’s far too hard to use in my opinion. In the same amount of time I spent trying to just import a custom building or manipulate the landscape, I could have a landscape, textures and a couple of structures ready in UE4.

The Giants Engine is also quite poor in terms of performance. You don’t get much in return for the amount of resources spent. Especially in terms of graphics quality.
As for the game itself, it’s easy to pick up. There’s some tutorial popups that will take you through the first couple of jobs need to be done. But it’s a bit lacking in terms of graphics features and physics, such as plowing and tire tracks - there’s virtually none. If your tractor is about to flip, it will in most cases get back on its wheels without much drama, in a slow manner, as if it was a spaceship or a boat.

A farming sim game with the ease of use as the one mentioned is absolutely welcome, and if it’s using UE4, I’d probably buy it just for the looks of the graphics. :stuck_out_tongue: