Help, workstation build for UE4

Need help with my new build

I’m about to build a new pc primarily for use with UE4 and other 3d software. Here is what I am currently thinking about getting:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G Skill Sniper 1866 (2x8)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)

1. Would it be worth it to upgrade to a 4930k for 6 cores as well as the ability to upgrade to 64gb of ram vs only 32gb with the 1150 motherboards?

2. Would a gtx 780 be sufficient or should I upgrade to a workstation gpu or maybe a 780 ti or titan?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi,

You may find this thread on Answer Hub useful: I need help making the best possible computer for UE4 - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums

additionally i have the following information for you, however the thread has information on how to do this cheaper

If you are considering building a kickass machine for UE4 development for around $2500, here is a spec we recommend:
• Intel Core i7 4930K processor
• Intel X79 chipset motherboard
• 32GB RAM
• 1TB SSD
• Nvidia GTX 770 video card
The 4930K is a great cost / CPU power trade-off for compiling the engine and running the editor.

We’ve found SSDs to be the best user experience, and with the advent of the Samsung Evo series even large amounts of SSD storage have become attainable.

Copious amounts of RAM is the single biggest contributor to a smooth user experience. While the editor and engine don’t use 32 GByte, having the memory available for the disk cache is a boon, especially as a programmer compiling the full engine. We found going above 32 GByte resulting in diminishing returns.

This is really helpful, I’m actually ordering my PC this very moment and i had the same question in another thread. Does SLI help at all for the engine (I honestly don’t know how the engine works)?

Thank you for such an informed answer Paul. Would getting a gtx 770 with 4gb of vram have a benefit over the 2gb model for these purposes?

Regarding SLI, i believe a reference to this answer would be good to have here: