Throw weapon blueprint question

Hello all, got a question I can’t seem to find an answer to but should be simple enough.

Using version 4.16.2

I have a weapon (sword) that is attached to a socket in the character’s hand. When I click the sword detaches from the player, but where I’m stuck is how to then make it move a certain direction for x seconds then return. I don’t need assistance with the returning part, just the moving after the detachment part.

Any suggestions on how/best way to make this happen?

I cheat…In this case I’d hide the sword and spawn a blueprint actor in the same place as the sword that has a StaticMesh that looks exactly like that sword …then Get actor location of the enemy and use a timeline to lerp the two world locations…after the overlap hits the character you can play the timeline in reverse and when the overlap hits the player delete this actor and unhide the sword…

Err mrr grrddd!! Ert wrrkss!!

Thank you President.

I didn’t quite go the same route as you… But you did give me the brilliant idea to use Lerp. Below is my blueprint and a GIF of the end result. It works beautifully now!

Better video found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRa-bedLRGU

FYI: The BP is the actual Sword BP itself. ThrowBlade is called from the Player BP when Left Click is pressed.

Looks great…Lerp is way awesome…