alembic don't synchronize with skeletal mesh

I use maya simulation the cloth ,and export it with alembic file,i set the FPS 25 befor export .

In UE,i import skeletal mesh(with aniamtion) and alembic file(cloth simulation),they are synchronize at the first frame and end frame,but they don’t synchronize at other frame.

PS:In the Console,i set the t.MaxFPS 25,they still don’t synchronize at other frame.

Anyone know how to solve it?
I use UE4.14
001.png
002.png

Hi Sun,

Some timing issues have been addressed for 4.16, hopefully this will resolve your issues!

Cheers

Jurre

+1 on this. We’re using Marvelous Designer to simulate cloth animation and import as Alembic Cache/Skeletal Mesh into UE (in our case is 4.15) to overlay on our character animation. It always comes up with wrong timing resulting in frames gets out of sync with the actual body skeletal mesh. I’m curios what the hotfix for that timing issue from Epic is, so I can apply in my custom build?

+1 on this. We’re using Marvelous Designer to simulate cloth animation and import as Alembic Cache/Skeletal Mesh into UE (in our case is 4.15) to overlay on our character animation. It always comes up with wrong timing resulting in frames gets out of sync with the actual body skeletal mesh. I’m curios what the hotfix for that timing issue from Epic is, so I can apply in my custom build? @EpicJurre thank you.

Any luck on this? trey@treylynne.com

Guys try using a baked morph animation (every 2 or 1 frame) instead of Alembic (Cloth doesn’t change topology), not only will it be lighter on performance and file size, UE will also keep it skinned and preserve the integrity of the motion as well as timing since it is imported as one skinned mesh.

There is a small setup to be considered though and a few rules to follow plus writing a few custom scripts to bake the process in case there isn’t one in your 3d application of choice.

That bug is still present in 4.22.3… If Epic wants to get into pro animation they should get on it asap…
I’m trying to build an small animation studio based around UE, and really need the MD sims to work properly inside the engine…

EDIT : It IS fixed now, was using old data :slight_smile:

Hello, i have the same issue in UE4 4.25. Does anyone has a solution on this?