User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Train, Rail and Roller Coaster System

Hello,

First of all, thank you Pollygon Jelly so much for this package: ) it's push my project forward so damm hard. Anyway, let's go straight to the point.

I'm currently working on some project. I need a functionality which allow player to change track in rail junction in real time by pressing a button (or pulling a lever). Simple switch, from one track to another. I have tried many options but still no luck. Could you please make my life easier and give some useful tips ?

Thank you in advice
    Cheers,
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Romansky' View Post
    Hello,

First of all, thank you Pollygon Jelly so much for this package: ) it's push my project forward so damm hard. Anyway, let's go straight to the point.

I'm currently working on some project. I need a functionality which allow player to change track in rail junction in real time by pressing a button (or pulling a lever). Simple switch, from one track to another. I have tried many options but still no luck. Could you please make my life easier and give some useful tips ?

Thank you in advice
    Cheers,
    Roman
    Hi Roman,

Glad you're liking it and it's helping with the project. We'd love to see some screens of your project if you ever feel like sharing.

For the rail junctions, check out the Trigger_Examples map, it shows how you can use a junction trigger to have a train change tracks. Give it a try and if you have any follow up questions, please ask.

Thanks,
    PJ Team

Supporter
    Hello again!

I just finished buying the system and it is really fun to mess around with.
    Works like a charm. Really enjoy setting up and tampering with the settings.

I only have two simple questions that I was looking for the answer but could not find.

1. Is there any way for the pawn to get into or ride the carts?

2. How does one control the cart through another blueprint event? (such as stopping and starting on switch)

Thank you very much in advance and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrzo View Post
    Hello again!

I just finished buying the system and it is really fun to mess around with.
    Works like a charm. Really enjoy setting up and tampering with the settings.

I only have two simple questions that I was looking for the answer but could not find.

1. Is there any way for the pawn to get into or ride the carts?

2. How does one control the cart through another blueprint event? (such as stopping and starting on switch)

Thank you very much in advance and keep up the good work.
    Hi Cyrzo,

Thanks, glad you're liking it and getting value out of it.

1. Yep, your pawn should be able to jump into the example mine cart or train carriages and move around as you'd expect.
    2. Check out the example maps, the trigger example map is a good one since it shows how you can stop, reset or perform other events on the carriages.

Hope that helps, please shout if you've got any follow up questions.

Thanks,
    PJ Team

Hey there,
    I'm really enjoying the system! Is there a way to smooth out the rotations of the engine? Gradual turns have a sort of faceted motion. It's very noticeable with a HMD as a child of the engine.
    thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123