Marketplace Addict Annoymous

Ok so once upon a time I thought the marketplace would be a great way to save time on tasks that would have prevously taken me ages to implement. Fast forward maybe a year or two and I’m constantly checking the marketplace for updates.

I fear that I have an addiction buying assets :p, I need to go cold turkey since I might be going indie full time soon. I would like to make a request to dev’s to stop releasing epic marketplace stuff, or alteast give my bank account a rest.
Seriously though, who else has a marketplace addiction? I count 110 markeplace assets (inc free stuff) and I suppose my excuse that these assets could be considered an investment?

I think this thread would be cool for chatting about recent purchases and thoughts on marketplace items in general.

^^^ truth.

Example: I bought the sidescroller project with no intention of making a sidescroller game. It just had so many features included that if I ever decided to do a sidescroller, it would save so much time, i had to have it.
What is wrong with me, I don’t even know how good it really is…

Game Dev Marketplace Whale

I suffer too. I see something cool, and think to myself, I can use that in my game, somewhere.

My solution was to start my own Marketplace:cool:

I also,
I have over 200 assets in UE Market,
all gonroad, sellfy, cgtrader and Itch.io UE assets
and many external store assets, like Mawi, purepolygons, infuse studio ecc…
also over 1000 Unity assets

Would like to thank you for supporting assets creator, much love:cool:

While I am a marketplace creator I can definitely say I’m guilty of this too haha. I’ve purchased things that I don’t necessarily intend to use just to support other devs, or to play around with in the editor. =P

I can’t say that I am addicted but I sometimes buy a few stuff that I don’t even need after I get paid from the Marketplace.

I am buying stuff since the launch of Unity’s asset store… I have also a quite big collection of textures from GameTextures.com;
Now I’m preparing to someday buy Quixel’s megascans :S

Highlight of the week, come Wednesday, refreshing the store page, desperate to dig up some AAA RPG next gen character models …

Your voices are being heard on that. Soon™ =P

What i mean

Related AAA http://www.evermotion.org/shop/cat/321/Fantasy

Ah so you’re looking for fantasy. Unfortunately that won’t help you then as mine will be focused on the scifi genre. =/

When i watched Horizon Down game streams i thought it would be cool to add sci-fi/fantasy styled models, for advanced or past civilisation. I know it’s kind of cliche, but a great and meaningful idea. Maybe do something sci-fi/fantasy :slight_smile: Seriously, this kind of content is void from the markets so far, and has a lot of opportunities (merging of existing assets with a fantasy theme), creating something which is yet absent.

Yeah I glanced at the game and thought it an interesting combination. I fully agree. While I can understand the hesitancy for some character artists to put the length amount of time required into packs that aren’t guaranteed to sell, I plan to give it a go in the future. =)

There are so many possibilities to connect scenarios to each other, in the sense of the characters, each one of his projects is unique and should be, for the most part, by the characters, be it fantasy, scifi or modern.
The thought of my content is not just something prefabricated to deliver what many looks good, but also offers value in the form of modularity, it is rather to serve as an example how something could look for prototyping.
The entire content will be published via gumroad with sourcefiles and can be adapted to your wishes, whether it is just for the sake of interest as something works.
I think a few more should publish the project data (psd, quixel, substance, subd mesh) so that one can adapt to his own ideas, simply because of the individuality.

I myself bought about 30 market place items, mostly plugins and blueprints.

For sure, better quality need more time, better design need more time, also in mind the nerve of the time to meet.