Help with Biotoxin Sub Mod

Im attempting to make a biotoxin substitute for my server

i cant seem to figure out what i should edit to make it replace biotoxin(or at least be substitute for it)

I really really dont want to edit core files to get this done

(side note, i used narcotic as a base i think, how would i raise the tapor levels to match)

You’d have to create a child of Biotoxin and in your PrimalGameData, go to Remap Items to map the original to your modded version. Read through the narcotic and learn how it works, then apply that to the biotoxin.

So i did all that and got it to work, but i cant get it to load into a morter and pestle, i really dont want to mod a base game item, i should point out that the mortar and pestal shows slots at -1 of 12

Open up the pestle inventory BP, it probably has “allowed items” or whatever the exact name is. The problem with mods is that inventories have (sometimes) allowed items, such as in the fridge and grill, and some inventories have default items (engrams) such as the smithy and the fabricator. An inventory has to allow an item to be added (an empty array for allowed items means no restrictions), and to craft an item, the engram has to be in the default inventory list to show up once it’s learned.

Something I did was have the engram point to a blueprint that costs 1 thatch to make, then the blueprint creates the item in whatever inventory you throw it in. It isn’t very clean, but it works without having to touch any native inventories.

Is there really no way to inject an engram into a structure without editing the structure?

I was hoping to keep this mod clean of changing core files

Your PrimalGameData has something along the lines of “additional structure engrams” that I think is supposed to be for this, but I’m not entirely sure.

Yeah i added it in there, a associated the mod in every section i could find that relates to a structure and no matter what it will not show the engram, but the mortar and pestal shows slots at -1 of 12 when i do that

Additional structure engrams does sorta work. It uses up a slot for every engram you add but it does work.

ef17d7e15fbaa050390a2c1b478fd2a7.png
ef17d7e15fbaa050390a2c1b478fd2a7.png

Again i did that, but instead of using a slot… the slot count is at -1 of 12 and the engram doesnt show

Not really sure if this makes a difference or not, but make sure “Crafting Requires Inventory Component” on the craftable primal item is either set to none or to the crafter you want to craft it in