[NEW FEATURE] Add Multiple C++ Classes at once!

So, I’ve been hurting for this feature for a long time now. I often use the Add C++ Class dialog since it generates a lot of the boilerplate, as well as both .h and .cpp files at once etc. but adding multiple classes was always a pain since I had to sit through the solution regeneration every single time (even if auto-compile on add-new-classes was disabled). I entered a feature request for this pretty long ago but nothing came of it. So I decided to get my hands dirty and braved the code of SNewClassDialog, chopping and hacking it into a brand new SNewMultiClassDialog.

A pull request has been submitted here.

Now it’s obviously still a work in progress. I am still melding the reference code, and I’ll have to clean that up at the end. I am also still pondering how to best approach the layout as I want to retain the look and feel of the original dialog as much as possible, but aside from the two existing Name and Path fields, I now need a third Class dropdown for each item in the scroll list. To that end I will most likely have to do away with the fancy big font and go back to a more basic look. Progress has actually been quite steady so I should have a working version of this in a couple of days.

Hope someone will eventually find a use for it, hah!

Great, that makes class adding ways easier! Please do a PR after finishing :smiley:

Added two more screenshots, made some progress on the class picker. This should now mark the end of the “hard” part, now it’s just a matter of putting it all together.

The functionality is finished and the pull request can be found here.

If anyone tries it please let me know if you run into any issues! :slight_smile: