Magic Ram Ammount...

I’m building my new pc now that Ryzen has been released for preorder. right now I’m sitting on 16 gigs of RAM and its not enough for my game, so I’m debating whether or not to upgrade past 32 gigs and shoot for 64…

when building lighting and rendering images I’m hitting 15.5-16/16 gigs of my physical storage.
my new computer is as follows:
Ryzen 1800x
Crossfire rx 480 8gig
32/64 gigs 3200mhz ddr4 ram (upgrade from 16 ddr3 at 2200mhz)

its not a price issue, as its only a two hundred dollar difference, its that I want to buy a full kit and not worry about mixing 2x 32gig kits later on if 64 turns out to be necessary.

so has anyone here ran into a situation where their physical memory broke 32 gigs?

Upgraded to 32 gb recently and it never goes over 60% of usage with a bunch of other programs running in the background.

I bought this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ultima-machete-intel-core-i7-6850k-4.2ghz-overclocked-ddr4-watercooled-gaming-pc-fs-465-oe.html and yet never had a problem with it, when I first got it I put it through stress tests and never failed me. I bought it with the intention of buying additional monitors (yet to get) but it’s run anything and everything I’ve needed to. My previous rig had 16gb memory but struggled a lot but it was cheaper ram I’m not a hardware pro etc but some 16gb can out perform 32gb or so I’ve been told.

Can’t edit post on mobile but July 15 I bought it still runs as new

32 GB seems to cover most people’s needs for working in UE and related softwares.
I used to run 32 and never had any problems but ended up putting another 32GB in when I retired a server that wasn’t using ECC RAM and now I often hit more than 50% usage but I think that’s just Softwares allowing higher usage when there is more RAM available.

I am currently running 24GB since I have a 1st Gen i7 and a Titan X and memory has never been an issue. Only issue I have had with UE4 lately is a lot of programs in Windows 10 use the same things and if opened lags UE4 but that’s just Windows and software competing for a spot. If you can afford it and your system supports it go for 64GB not going to hurt anything gives you plenty of wiggle room. Hell with 24 I can have UE4 open, multiple YouTube vids going, stuff running in the background and I maybe hit 24-50% usage. Only time I had a RAM issue is when loading up one of the large tech demos for the first time though that could also be cause my CPU is starting to show it’s age.