Unknown Cook Failure

When cooking my Project for windows I get an Unknown Cook Failure. There are several Warnings that are similar to this one:
[FONT=Lucida Console]
Error Can’t connect pins old and AsAbstract House : PLACEHOLDER-CLASS Abstract House C 1 Reference is not compatible with Abstract House Reference. from Source: /Game/Village/GUI/ActionButton.ActionButton

The Blueprint part in question is visible here:
110b431520b17dbfe64d554b0f7e767e9c46d93e.jpeg

The variable type of old is Abstract House, Actor is of type Actor

yes this error is pretty big $h1t… had same problem…
i solved it setting variable directly… (not through node)

The fun part is that when you compile everything works well. But when cooking or opening the project some assets are “not compiling”, though once opened they work without problems.

So I tried around and neither cloning the function, nor copying parts around fixed the problem. And I dont have the faintest clue why this could happen.

Is that the only error you get?

It was a different one but in a past project I’d get a bunch of errors. Solve one specific one (the one I knew how to fix initially) and a chunk of errors would disappear.

Point being. It looks correct. Maybe something else broke and this is just reported as result of that other error?

Also even though it shouldn’t be an issue. I’d suggest fixing up redirects if you have any. That used to screw with me every now and then too.

hm no it wasnt. I was able to “fix” that behaviour by just setting a variable. That did not really work though because the pins disconnected (when restarting an I suppose when cooking aswell). But all Errors are gone. Still since I cant communicate thats kind of the same. It kind of seems to happen when connecting a self pin to a set variable node, where the variable is of a parent class type. I dont really get why it says “PLACEHOLDER-CLASS Abstract House C 1 Reference” instead of Abstract House Reference but I suppose the problem is similar.

Ok for future reference: the problem was a cyclic dependency. I fixed it by introducing a Selection Manager that manages the currently selected content.