Simple Panoramic Export

Tired of using hacky solutions when you just want a simple monoscopic 360 panoramic export?

Now you don’t have to!

Check out Simple Panoramic Exporter on the Unreal Marketplace! Simple Panoramic Exporter in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

Sample result:

Sample Exports (Black bars to conform to Marketplace screenshot aspect ratio)

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

Really nice! Good work. :slight_smile:

Nice, but what about stereoscopic output and stereoscopic video output ?

There is a built in plugin already available that handles stereoscopic panoramas. It only renders stereoscopic and can take a significant amount of time per frame.

Where do we get it? And does this render out faster than the current built in version available in engine? Looks really cool

This renders significantly faster than the built in stereoscopic exporter because it only has to capture the scene once as opposed to thousands of times.

HOWEVER it is monoscopic only. You will not be able to get stereoscopic out of this.

i cant wait to buy it

This looks great, seeing it actually makes me surprised you can’t do this as standard in unreal

so ,when i can buy it?

Great plugin, and same question here. Is this going to be on the Marketplace soon?

This plugin is currently in code review by Epic.

one month passed,when i can buy it

hi,is there a way to gen a 360 screenshot as cubemap fmt,like this:

Unfortunately not with this plugin.

If i purchase now, will it include updates in near future, for example update to work on 4.14, or new features.

Just purchased this plugin, very quick render results and removes an artifact issue I was getting at the very top and bottom of the image with the Stereo panoramic plugin.

One question I do have - is there anyway to make an unbound post-process volume effect the render? I have just tested by colour-grading the whole scene (just to make an obvious change) and whilst it shows up in editor play, the actual render result doesn’t show the colour change.

Cheers

Yes.

Screen space post process effects generally don’t get captured by this plugin unfortunately due to how the capture works. Imagine ‘screen space’ not existing. For these types of post processing, I would recommend exporting as HDR, then using something like Photoshop’s batch HDR processing to get the desired effect. I know its not ideal, but its currently a limitation of cubemap captures in the engine.

Lines occuring in 360 export, almost like seams or a post process volume issue

Has anyone else been getting almost cube like seam lines in their export? At first I thought it was an issue with a post process volume but I changed the scale and it still occurs. Here’s a link of it in action. Notice the square like effect in the sky

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hey. Fantastic plugin. Lightening fast render times.
Only issue I have is getting the panoramic camera actor to be animated.
I’ve created a level sequence and generated a camera from this sequence.
Then added the panoramic camera actor to this level and attached to the animated “sequencer camera”.
Zeroed out the translation and rotations on the panoramic camera so that it is directly in the same position as the animated camera.

When playing back the animation it’s all looking great. However, when I click the play button to activate the panoramic screen capture. The panoramic camera defaults to world 0,0,0

am I missing a step here.
Need the panoramic camera to pick up the motion.

Please help.
B.