Texture disappearing on packaged project

I may be putting the cart before the horse, but I’m doing this for my son who lives in another state. While we work on this together, I just want him to be able to see progress. I created a small scene based on the getting started tutorial in the docs and expanded it a bit just to play some more before continuing on in the docs.

I did a package project to see what it would look like if I were loading it from an executable and to send to him until we figure out a way to share project files long distance. Upon loading the EXE, I noticed that many things lost it’s texture. At first I thought it was just BSP’s, but then I noticed that some props lost their texture too. Like the little circular prop by the door that I have sparks flying out of the face of it. The upper deck supports are props with a texture too. Although, some things retained their texture as you can see in the last pic.

So far I’ve been pretty good finding answers with Google or the forum, but couldn’t find this one, so was wondering if someone could help me out for a sec and explain why this is and/or what is needed to resolve it.

Supporting images attached.

Viewport shows textures

exe shows no textures applied.

Some things lost it’s texture, some things retained the texture.

Nevermind, I found the answer in one of the tutorial videos. The texture has to be saved in the content browser prior to packaging or it will not be in the level.

In the content browser, click Save All, then package the project again.