Updates to the UE4 Answerhub

Hey everyone,

Over the past few years we’ve been regularly making updates and improvements to the UE4 Answerhub (our question & answers site); some past examples include displayed Votes and Views, the Recommended and Hottest question tabs, the Product Version selector, and the list of Top Karma earners (to name a few).

Recently we’ve rolled out our 14th Answerhub update which, along with some smaller quality-of-life improvements and backend changes, contains a few updates which I wanted to make a point to mention.

Improved Search Filtering - Now, whenever you run a keyword search on the Answerhub you can filter by whether you want to see All Questions, Questions with Answers, or only Questions with Accepted Answers. Our hope with this addition is to allow you to find the answers you’re looking for even faster than ever.

Formatted Code in a Scrollable Field - If you have ever needed to copy a large amount of code or an entire log file into a post, you know that it can take up an immense amount of space and require a lot of scrolling to get to the end. Now, you only need to select the text and click the “Code Sample” button to apply code formatting and embed it in a scrollable text field. This will help make your posts much more readable and approachable for others.

Your Accepted Answers will remain Accepted - Many of you let us know about your frustrations whenever an answer had been marked as “accepted” and then someone responded with something as simple as a “Thanks” and this marked the answer as un-accepted. Now, additional comments will not affect the status of an accepted answer, and it is up to the original author of the question if they want to change its status. Our hope is this will better help to accurately flag more questions as resolved, ensure that question-authors only need to accept the correct answer once, and to guarantee that answer-providers get to hold onto their well-earned karma points! The only exception to this rule is answers that are provided by Epic or other support partners; we intentionally want our answers to become re-opened with activity so we don’t miss out on any new developments.

I hope you find these updates valuable, and we will continue to update and improve upon the Answerhub site in order to ensure a rewarding experience.

Cheers!

p.s. - Please post any feedback or suggestions you may have about the site to the Feedback forum

Awesome! Each of these are nice, but the last point is THE real good news:)
Thanks Epic!

ps: could we get the “share” link on an answer, like in stackoverflow?

Ehhh, Can you make content of Answers Hub scalable to the width of the browser window? Having a thin column of answers in a wide browser window looks ridiculous ) Thanks.

while a welcome improvement, it still falls short in my opinion.

gonna quote myself about a suggestion I made (over a year ago) regarding question statuses,