Save/load sucks! won't save!

I can’t really see what’s going on there, is that structure in the first pic part of the save game?

In any event, try it without the async. I did a lot of tests with async and found it unreliable, especially when you’re not saving much, as you are not…

PS you forgot to connect your IF node, that’s why it’s not giving you correct info.

Fsfs been having this issue for SO LONG…
I have 2 Struct on my Save Game BP, and for some reason the first struct doesn’t save and the second one does! And then when I test the game on my phone the story becomes upside down with more issues on saving… need help plz.

btw I added print node which tells me whether saving has saved or not.
it always return true but first struct always loads it’s default…

what’s if node

oh, no it’s connected. I just forgot to reconnect it when taking a screenshot.
it still gives me saved… Even tho it’s not saving
And um the second struct on the second pic has like over 70 variables… and it’s saving fine…

I don’t understand ur question…
The first pic is showing second struct.
Second pic shows the first struct.
The variables saves and loads fine for the second struct that is in the widget, but in the player pawn when saving for the first struct it saves fine, I placed a print node and it was all saved, but when closing the game and loading them back, struct 2 loads but the first struct loads as it’s default, which means it isn’t saved…

Above. You are in the widget, the widget has a struct variable with plenty of booleans. Great. You click save. How does your Save Game Object know about the variable in the widget?

k I used the normal save/load to slot, still same results… It’s saving and loading the second struct that has over 70 variables, but the first struct which barely has 20 variables saving but when loading it only loads it’s default…

Ok, but try it without async :wink:

We crossed over there…

The save of the first struct looks good, where’s the load? Are you getting it from the same slot?

on the main menu, when the player presses play, it would run the custom event on I made that removes the main menu widget and then load game, it will only save when the player pressed “Save”. So um yes it is loading and then getting all the variables from the save and setting em for the game, but the thing is it’s setting them to the save bp’s default. Now when saving, it saves fine but when loading it only loads the default.

“How does your Save Game Object know about the variable in the widget?” I still don’t understand what do u mean. I am using load function… Umm… I set the widget variables by getting them from the save…

“How does your Save Game Object know
about the variable in the widget?” I
still don’t understand what do u mean.
I am using load function… Umm… I
set the widget variables by getting
them from the save…?

Unfortunately I’m unable to follow the logic of what you’re trying to do. The save game object system is surprisingly robust, tbh. You’re clearly overwriting data by saving it more than once and using async where it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to do so.

I believe this was discussed in depth in the other 2 or 3 threads about the same thing. I’m going to tap out on this one.

Sorry, and good luck.

On your first screenshot you Set a large struct variable, which is not a part of your SaveGame object. You need to set the struct, that is part of your SaveGame object in order for it to be saved.
On your second screenshot you use “Set members in…” node which is fine for this job, although you can also directly set it inside the struct variable by calling a “Set” node for it (it needs to be a variable inside the SaveGame object).

the first screenshot saves and loads perfectly fine… in the second screenshot is the problem I’m having, set members is saving but when I reopen the game, it just sets itself back to it’s default, and the first screenshot doesn’t…

You’re saving the data in 2 parts. Are you saving/loading both of them in the same slot or in different slots?

Yeah, I’m not sure (I’m not at my computer right now to check it), but when you save into a slot, it overwrittes all data.
That could explain, why it only saves the second part and not the first.

Wait, so saving and changing struct2 without changing struct1 in a particular bp will just save it as default for em except for the changed ones?

Not sure. One way to check is to set the values of both structures and save it all in one single Save Game instead of two.

So, basically, connect the out of “Set members in MainStruct” into “Continuing Saving”.