How to spawn blueprint component in blueprint?

Hi, I made a custom actor component class(say USkill) in C++ and inherited it from blueprint(say FireballSkill).

I can spawn C++ class after I exposed it, but I can’t find any method to spawn blueprint class(FireballSkill).

It really should be possible via the “Spawn actor from class” function (not quite sure how it’s done in C++ but it should be something similar.

And if you want to do it in blueprint you should be able to select it in the dropdown menu for the class pin.

Thanks for answer.

But “Spawn actor from class” only works for Actor class and here I’m trying to spawn “Actor Component” class.

I can spawn actor component class defined in C++ with dedicated “Spawn XXXX Component” node,

but when I added custom actor component class in Blueprint, I can’t see any node to spawn it.

What exactly do you want to spawn?

I am having the same problem, perhaps I am choosing the wrong idea. I want to attach data (not visual data, just data) to an actor in an array, and was using an actorcomponent to represent this data. But I cannot figure out how to spawn these.

I’m running into the same issue. I am attempting to spawn MeshComponents dynamically, but can’t actually create them?

I can use the actor spawn, but because it’s not a component spawn, the material function doesn’t work with the line tracing. So, same problem.

Hi Jarrod84,

Have you tried using “Add Child Actor Component”? This may be closer to what you are looking for.

Hi, the problem is that Actor Components are not “spawned”, they are “added” instead

90376-2016-05-12+(9).png

90377-2016-05-12+(10).png

This node is only available in an Actor BP, not SceneComponent BP.

if you want to purely save data, you should use SaveGame object, not actor component. And then use Create Save Game Object where you want to create data store objects.

I’m trying to figure this out too. I have existing actor components on an actor that I want to set to another common type of actor component but I have no clue how to do it when the node you expect to use are missing or don’t work.