Submenus Disappearing Bug

There’s a bug where after using UE4 for a while, specifically nodes scripting, dropdown menus and thumbnails have a glitch where they disappear and flicker.

This bug work on 4.26.1…

getting the same bug at home, and a co-worker at work as well. all on 4.26

anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes of usage any menus (toolbars, blueprint context menus, material editor context, etc) show up for less than a second and then disappears

also have it at times where the box of the menu is visible but the menu itself “punches through” the editor window I’m at, and instead shows the viewport behind it through that box.
doing a print-screen of this and pasting it into paint actually shows the menu correctly though

I think I solved this bug. I added “-D3D12” to the shortcut and it worked as it should.

330406-screenshot-15.png

Check the answer. I think this will help.

How did you manage to add that after the shortcut link? It’s only complaining the path is not valid if adding anything after the " **.exe "?

I thought this started when i changed from Studio driver to the Gamedready type, (RTX 2070 Super EVO, OC) but changing it back tonight the problem still persists, still begin to flicker after some time editing… Rightclick to add bluprint nodes and the dialog shows but immediately disappears, same with menus in the editor. Problem exists in UE 4.25, 4.26.2 and 4.27. Closing the editor and opening it again and it will run another 30 - 40 minutes before that ■■■■ returns

Is there a working fix for this on the horizon?

Cheers

That’s what I can say… this problem appears by accident and even changing drivers did not help much, but everything works absolutely stable and without problems on UE5.

I’m getting this problem on 4.27. It started happening only in past couple days… hard to say what caused it as ive been using this engine version for months now without this problem. Perhaps a graphics card driver update?