Why was bSingleLayoutPass removed from ScaleBox

There used to be an option “bSingleLayoutPass” for ScaleBox under the Performance category. I used this in my projects that use widgets for the game. These widget add children to scrollboxes and and other parents. Some of the widgets use ScaleBoxes for some of the elements. Before I figured out that changing bSingleLayoutPass to true, my framerate was going below 15fps with only widgets and no 3D or lights in the world. Now in 4.24 the option is gone and my framerate is below 15fps again. Was the removal of the bSingleLayoutPass bool intentional or do I need to report a bug? And if it was intentionally removed, then how can I get my performance back when using ScaleBoxes?

2 Likes

Well I compared the headers of scalebox.h from 4.23 and 4.24 and bSingleLayoutPass was removed. I also read through the release notes for 4.24 and found this…

Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with SScaleboxes not invalidating prepass when their scale was changed directly.

The bug fix was removing bSingleLayoutPass :frowning:

So I had to find a new way to get my frame rate where it should be. I found Invalidation Box in the Widget Palette under the Optimization category.

This actually a better method anyways to optimize because it can be applied to more than just the scalebox.

I got an old android to play at 50fps when it was running below 10fps.

2 Likes