Why are my blueprints missing nodes after migrating them?

Well, I already migrated my BP from UE4.2 to UE4.3 and it worked without problems. I also tried just copying and pasting the files from one version to the other, and this also worked.
But now, I change both ways to migrate my project to UE4.4. It almost worked. The only problem ( big one I think ) is that several nodes settings are gone. For example: “Set Movement Mode”, I have several of them with different settings, and all their settings are gone.
Also, some node paths are also gone.

I also made a copy of the project and openned with UE4.4, then, after converting it, all the problems are there as well.

Hi Alex3d,

While developing a project I would suggest not upgrading unless it is absolutely necessary. If any changes and updates from one version to the next were made to the nodes you were using, sections of your blueprints could change, shift, or even be deleted.

With that said, could you post a screenshot of the sections of your blueprints that were effected? This will help us look for a trend that could be causing the issues.

I guess this is less of a problem if you use C++ code instead of blueprints as you will most likely just get compile errors you can trace and then fix. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I enjoy coding, but Blueprints are really fast and fun so it would be nice to have the version conversion check for incompatible blueprints. Maybe a list of blueprints that might have issues (ideally with references to specific nodes and so on), and perhaps eventually auto-correction options or at least an interactive link-list for the converted project that allows you to jump to the problem points and fix them manually.

I don’t see how not upgrading is a good recommendation.

Several of my Blueprints were silently broken with the Get Character Node. They weren’t compiling. Deleting them and then adding new Get Character Nodes fixed it, but was confusing at first because when I first played it there was no camera movement based off input.

Yes, I will make a new migration and try to not which are those nodes that are not working.

About uprading or not… Well, this project is to be sold on marketplace, and Epic forces us to have it working for the lastest version. I don’t agree with that, but it is there on Marketplace rules.

Well, I tried today and it seams that less node have problems. But I have lots of those with problems on my BP…
Anyway…

First, Project Settings still have the “Set as Default” button disabled.

Nodes with migrating problem:

“Event On Movement Mode Changed” looses connection to Equal “==” node. I don’t know if the problem is from that Event node or from the Equal node.

“Set Movement Mode” looses the new Movement Mode.

“Switch on EPhysicalSurface” looses some output nodes.

I will keep looking. If I found more, I’ll post again.

Hello Alex3d,

Thank you for the information and time that you provided. I see that the issue was due to the fact that you wanted to post your work to the marketplace and as you said this has to be done with the latest versions. This would mean that upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3 would no longer be an issue for someone trying to post to the market place. In the case of someone upgrading to the current version for this purpose please post it as a new question on the AnswerHub and we will be more than happy to assist you further. To the point of upgrading a project to a more current version please see the above statement to this effect by TJ Ballard. We are going to mark this question as resolved for tracking purposes. However, if you have any further concerns that were not addressed please fill free to post and we will as I said before be more than happy to assist you.

Make it a great day