Issues with Commenting in 4.4, and still in 4.6.1

I am having an issue in 4.4 where I can no longer resize or change the text of comments and even selecting them with a double click takes multiple tries before working. Some comments are fine, but in some blueprints 80% are not. Once I finally select a comment, I can delete it, but making a new comment in it’s place has the same issue. I can set it’s text when I create it, but if I deselect it I lose control over it.

I can’t see why some comments are ok and others are not. Comments both inside and outside of functions are affected. Restarting the editor doesn’t help.

Hi Zeustiak,

I attempted to reproduce what you are seeing in 4.4 but so far I haven’t been able to. Have you tried to reproduce the issue in a new project? One of the templates that I have access to.

I have the same issue, regarding nested comments. Not resize possible, no change of mouse pointer over the edges or over the header at all.

Hi Wolfsblut,

We’ve tried reproducing this and so far we can’t get it to happen.

Try Verifying the 4.4 editor version. This can be done through the Launcher > Library > Version dropdown.

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would then try Rebuilding/Reinstalling the editor.

Ok, I downloaded the 4.4 content examples and made a new project with it. I opened the BP_Pixel_Ship_Player and the comments were fine. I clicked a random node(the Spawn Animation timeline in the top block) and hit C. I clicked out of the comment I just created. The newly created comment was broken as described before.

Creating a comment out in open space, or around all the nodes and comments in this BP seem to work.

Creating a comment around the Pawn Movement Comment works. Creating a comment on nodes inside the Pawn Movement Comment do not work.

Creating a comment around a single or even a handful of nodes seems to be broken.

Ok, on further testing, you can break a comment by commenting around it.

You can comment around a perfectly good comment box and break it. The outermost comment seems to work fine.

I dragged a node outside of it’s comment, and then commented that node. It worked fine. I dragged the node back in it’s previous comment and then commented it and it was broken.

Hi Zeustiak,

Thank you for the feedback. It seems the issue is when a comment box is created inside of another larger comment box. The workaround would be to delete the larger comment box and recreate it. I have entered this into our tracking software as TTP# 343981 and our developers will be looking into it.

Thanks, TJ

I’m maybe a little late for this, but you don’t need to delete the box. Additional comment boxes seem to have a lower Z priority. I just move the bigger box, get a hold of the second, make it bigger than the first and swap content between them. It’s pain but that’s my workaround.

Yeah I have just been downsizing the big box so I can resize the smaller boxes and then right-sizing the big box when done.

Just a bump reminder since this is still an issue in 4.6.1. :slight_smile:

Hi Zeustiak,

This issue was moved to our new tracking software and is now JIRA UE-3724. It’s moved up in priority and is currently being looked into. I’ll update here as soon as I have something.

Cheers,

TJ

Hi Zeustiak,

This has now been fixed internally. You should see this corrected in a future update of the editor.

Thanks,

TJ