Opening a Blueprint will cause a crash!(Every Blueprint)

Everytime I double click on a Blueprint(to open it), the Engine crashes.
So i can’t do anything now.

Can you give us some more information? Has this always happened since you installed the engine? Was there something you did that might have caused the bug?

If you’re not sure, try making a new project and see if you can open a blueprint in that project. If that crashes, too, then it would help us a lot if you could give us your DXDIAG and the CrashReportClient.log file located in C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.0\Engine\Programs\CrashReportClient\Saved\Logs.

It randomly appears, before that it all worked fine.
It’s just in this one project.
I worked on some blueprints and then there was an infinite loop that caused the program to crash, so I reopened the Engine and since then the bug is there.

!Id:8bee8c8b244cf1398117576fe0acdd8e

That’s the message after it crashes.
Hope it helps.

Does the crash only happen in one specific blueprint? If only that one blueprint crashes, you might be able to copy its functionality into another blueprint. If they’re all crashing, that’ll be a lot harder to work around.

All my blueprints in this project are crashing

I believe that all of your blueprints are referencing a single corrupt blueprint. The most likely culprit is a corrupted Level Blueprint, Character blueprint (that is used a lot), or corrupted Game Mode. If the Level Blueprint is the cause, deleting the level (or moving it out of the project) should allow you to access the other blueprints. If it’s a Character or Game Mode, deleting or moving *that *file should fix the problem. I assume the corrupt file is the one you created the infinite loop in, so check that one first.

You might be able to recover a backup of the level in My Documents/Unreal Projects/ProjectName/Saved/Backup . That would be better than losing your level entirely (assuming that that is the corrupt file).

Regards,

Jonathan

1 Like

Wow! That worked! I looked in my character folder and normaly I had 2 blueprints in it, but now there were 2 others blueprints(they were not shown in the Engine). So I deleted my character folder and put some backups in and now it all works fine! Thanks a lot! Great Support!

Thanks a million!

Every time I open any project in unreal it just crashes. please help me and advise me on what to do.

Hey JediKnight3007,

Please create a new post in the Bug Reports section. Provide the following:

• Your callstack from the crash
  • Your LoginID from the Crash Reporter window
  • Your logs from your project’s Saved->Logs folder after the crash occurs
  • A detailed list of repro steps we can use to reproduce this in a clean project
  • Your DxDiag

Thanks