I spent $20 and My launcher wont connect to the internet - "No version information found"

I paid for UE4 and i switched from Unity because they are so unresponsive when their new engine will come out. Your engine was the best out of the three. I thought that your engine was superrior to Cryengine 4 and when i went on my first time. My Launcher doesnt work and i got ripped for a peice of software that does not work that collects space.

What kind of error or warning are you getting? Give as much information as you can please.

Hi ,

Please try the solution here to see if this fixes the problem:

Hello,

I apologize for this inconvenience. We would like to take a look at your logs, to try to identify what is happening.

We ask if you could please upload your log with “veryverbose” logging enabled. To accomplish this, first close the Launcher. Then, navigate to this location:

C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Programs\NoRedist\UnrealEngineLauncher\Config

Open the file" DefaultEngine.ini into Notepad.

At the very end, add the following (without the bulletpoints)

• [Core.Log]
  • LogHttp=veryverbose
  • LogOnline=veryverbose

Save the file and make sure that it saves successfully with the changes.

Then, run the Launcher until it gives you the error message.

Close the Launcher again, and navigate to this folder location:

c:\users\YOUR_USER\appdata\local\unrealenginelauncher\saved\logs

If you open the most recent log in the list, it should have a lot of information inside of it. Put this log in a file, and attach it here.

Thank you for for patience while we try to determine why this issue is occurring for you.

The same error as everybody else.

When i open Unreal Engine shortcut. It says Error. No version infomation found, Then when i try to sign in it says "Error"didnt get a response. Are you connected to the internet?

The same error as everybody else.

When i open Unreal Engine shortcut. It says Error. No version infomation found, Then when i try to sign in it says "Error"didnt get a response. Are you connected to the internet?

I changed my DNS already to Open DNS and still nothing

Update that this issue was resolved for by adding the Unreal Engine Launcher to their antivirus software’s permissions.