How do I switch between game modes?

I currently have 2 different game modes in my project. I want to be able to switch between the two of them by a button press while pausing the inactive game mode. How do I do this? Any help would be great.

1 Like

There is a

SetGameMode(const FString& MapName, const FString& Options, const FString& Portal);

Inside the gamemode.h class. Although i am not sure how to use it. I am searching the same it will be helpful if some one points it out.

Thanks I’ll try to find out more.

Hi srkibria,

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you are trying to make a start or pause menu there are other ways to do this.

There are actually 2 separate game modes. Both of them behave differently in our game, so it can’t be handled using a pause menu, I think. I want to be able to switch between them. I’m not comfortable talking about the specific details on answerhub, but I’d be comfortable talking about it over a PM.

I messaged you by PM on the forums. Please feel free to continue troubleshooting it there when you have time.

Thanks, TJ

Sent you a PM.

UE4 doesn’t currently have a way to change the GameMode during play. The only way is to change to another level.

However, most level changes can be made through the level blueprint and you can collect and store data here as well.

The GameMode setup in UE4 means something different than the game mode concept you think of in the design process. You can basically implement all of your game rules, menus, etc. here and use blueprints or code to manipulate and/or use what you need.

Thanks, TJ

You can set certain Game Mode for each map! Load Map = Change Game Mode.