Encrypt .Pak Files

I have an Question about Package an Game!

UE4 Generates -Pak Files ( They are Easy to Extract with Some Programms from Internet)

so how i can Encrypt it Saftley?

Greets

So… what would be the Best and Saftey Way?

You could follow:

How to encrypt .PAK or package file? - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

But seems there’s still unresolved issue.

And imo, It’s just useless even to try to encrypt the data since key will be embedded in the game itself.

Do not release the Game?

You can’t run the game w/o extracting the files. So in any case resources could be extracted eventually.

Also You could write own packager or encryption mechanism. That probably prevent 99% of chances to extract the resources.

That still not prevent users from DX buffer dumping, and extracting 3d models from video memory.

The only 100% way that makes sense is to stream the game, like PS Now does. But it’s obviously not the UE4 function.

I would suggest using AES Key encryption on your project if you’re worried about anything being stolen. Here is a [forum post][1] which may help you.

If you set the EncryptIniFiles=True within the code, you’ll be able to set up AES_Key Encryption. You can easily do this by doing the following: Project Settings > Packaging > Encrypt ini files inside pak files (which enables EncryptIniFiles=True).

You’ll then want to open the Command Prompt located where the Unreal Pak tool is and run UnrealPak.exe > -encrypt > filepath for pak file > -GenerateKeys=keyfilename > - TableMax=#

126118-2-13-2017+1-34-20+pm.png

I hope this helps!

i run the same command. it keeps generating prime numbers for almost 2 days with 100% cpu usage.
any idea ?

the only difference with your suggested cmd is that i did not put - TableMax part .

This is useless; you only need protection if you publish on PC platforms, but it’s impossible to protect asset files on PC.
Anybody with half a brain can use extractors to recreate the files directly from the PC hardware, touching your .pak file isn’t even needed.