Possible memory leak found

In the 4.15 preview using the yesterday branch updates, I can notice in the advanced car templace when go close to the loop and move the car forward and backward pretty slowly, the complete engine freezes, there spot a msg in the console like “LogStats:Warning: There is no thread with id: 7964. Please add thread metadata for this thread.”

*Looks like is something related with the GPU profiler “stat GPU” and r.ProfileGPU.ShowUI

You know You could debug it right? VS has nice profiler that showing memory graph. (Memory Leak btw is when memory allocated but not freed later on, that cause ram being filled by junk)

Also, Alex said on last stream that Car Physics now is a Plugin, is that so?

Hi Hevedy,

I’m unable to reproduce this issue on my machine. Can you send along your dxdiag? I’d also like to see a video of how you’re making it happen. Can you create a ScreenCap for me?

Hi Hevedy,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

I am seeing this in 4.23. It’s happening when I run stat particles as well.

You have to test it on 4.25 as it’s the latest version atm.

I was using FPlatformProcess::Sleep(0); in a function, converting it to FPlatformProcess::SleepNoStats(0.f); fixed the warnings.