Seriously Question About Fps(Wrong FPS Information from The Engine?)

Hey! I have an Question

1. On Editor New Window- i got 90-140 Fps on my Game, On Run at a Own Process i got Max 40-70 Fps, Why?

And a Other Thing is with the Console Fps Command “Stat Fps” i have 50.5 fps, On my Afterburner FPS Indicator(Checked it Too on my Shadow Play Indicator , theres the Same) i Have Double 110 Fps at the Same? Why shows Ue4, the Wrong FPS?

and why i have a LOT Lesser Performance on a Run at Own Process. but the Funny THING is When i Run it at a OWN Process the “stat Command” is the Same as the of the Afterburner Indicator.

Here a Pic , When its on Editor

http://puu.sh/sQItE/ec108cb6fe.jpg

Have an GTX 1070

Hey KuroSekaie,

I had the exact same issue today. The good news is, there’s a really simple fix! Check out my answer here.

I hope this helps!

~Adam

You may also want to look at this thread, if you still experience performance issues.

Hey Adam! Thanks for your Answer

i was trying it Out, still i have no the Fps i have on a new Window Option, Sadly there are really no Effect

Only Vsync, and Vsync Caps the FPS to 60 but thats Normal Vsync Caps the Framerate to 60.

So

1 Pic is in a New WIndow
FPS Are not Correct from the Engine, you must Multiply it x2

http://puu.sh/sQPcy/9249e94be4.jpg

and here is in a OWN Process, with Your Method

SO theres SHOWS the Same FPS like The Afterburner Inidicator or the Shadow Play Inidicator, but its MUCH Lesser then the New Window Method…

Maybe the Problem is Because the Engine itself Makes Wrong FPS Information?

So… i really have no Ideas why its not Working Correctly Even the FPS Information of the Engine.

http://puu.sh/sQPeP/fecae47be1.jpg

And Again Thanks for ya Answer!, i looked already in This, but i dont Think its Like That, Because i Looking for a Good Performance, I have on Fullscreen “New Editor Window” All Epic, Much More FPS on the Same Spot , as on A Own Process, and i Think thats not something about my Game(why it should Run Awesome on New Window Only? its Also The Game Itself)
, Im also really bothered why the Engine give false FPS Information.

Edit:

And the Strange Thing is I HAVE exactly FPS they im Got from the Engine(What are Incorrect)

Because afterburner shows me x2

So When i have on New Window 110 Fps (afterburner) and the engine says “STAT FPS” 55
i have on a own Process Exactly 55 Fps, so maybe the Reason is the Wrong FPS Information?(I have this Phenomen Only on my Own Project,but the Problem with the Massive Performance Difference from WIndow and own Process, is at any Project.)

ALSO on Scenes i got from marketplace its Exactly the SAME,well there are no Problem with the FPS of the Engine because its the Same as the Indicator,…but there are also the Same problem.

but on New Editor Window i get 150-160 FPS

on a Own Process i get max 90 FPS, and THATS A HUGE difference, and that must be something with the Engine.

again a Edit from me:

A Second Strange Thing is i See my GPU Usage

on the Scene i got 150-60 Fps i have 99%-100% GPU Usage
on the SAME Scene with a Own Process, i have a 80-90 FPs with 100% GPU Usage Too… how can this be Possible?

But on the EXACTLY Same Scene Position i have 50% Lesser FPS, .

For Today im Giving Up, Hope Someone can help me

Thanks for your Time!

~KS

You’re welcome. So when you say you have “performance issues”, do you mean you are actually seeing the game stutter, or are you just seeing a lower fps number on screen (and the actual playback performance is fine)?

Just make sure that you do NOT use the r.vsync 1 command if you are ALSO trying to use t.maxfps 120 (or 140, 160, 240, whatever you want, just remember not to forget the period after the “t” and the space before the “number”).

Instead make sure to set r.vsync 0 (to turn v-sync off), or just remove that Execute Console Command node if you’re using one.

Remember, r.vsync 1 will clamp your fps to your monitor’s refresh rate, so if it’s a 60 Hz monitor, 60 fps is your max, 144 Hz = 144 fps max.

Please let me know if that helps at all!

~Adam

Hey Adam! Again Thanks for your Time!

1. I have Everytime Vsync Disabled, Was never a Fan of it

2.well i dont think you can see a lots of difference between 60 fps and 120 fps…
But Yeah i just see a Lower Number at the Screen… but there must be something that are not Workin Correctly, because its a WORLD Difference of 50% Fps. Why im Working Hard and Give my Best for Good Performance… When Something Happens Like This, May on a FInished Cooked Game i have More Lesser Fps…, So Something must be not correct Here, thats The fact, and it must be a Big Problem When i have Just an Performance Impact of 50% FPS own Process.

I tryt on the Marketplace Scene to Open the FPS MAX Bound… Helped just a Lil theres still a HUGE FPS Difference of a New Window and /At Run on a Own Process

So I think its not the Problem of Me, it must be Something with the Engine?

BTW: my Specs

1070Amp Extreme 8 GB
WIN7 x64
32 GB Ram
Intel Xeon 3.4 GHZ Hasw

Oh And

I tested it Again with your Method Sadly there are no Difference.

~KS

See if this setup helps; I think you might just be missing the space before the number in the command t.maxfps 120

Haha dont Worry i dont was missing a Space

t.maxfps 20 ← Works then its Capped to 20FPS it works Correctly IG

t.maxfps 250 ← Makes no Performance Difference… i think it Something Other Than this Cap.

Maybe a Engine Issue?

Maybe Something get Wrong in A Own Process that Takes just a HUGE Performance.? im just the Only One with that Problem? Dont believe it… Because i have this performance difference on any Project.

~KS

Edit:

I was trying Something More to Change in the Engine.Ini but there are no Difference i Think its a Problem of the Engine.

EDIT: See other answer below. It may be more relevant.

Hey KuroSekaie, that’s good everything was typed correctly, I just thought I’d mention that, because it’s very easy to accidentally overlook (I’ve done so myself). Below is the only other thing that I could think of, if you’re still experiencing the issue (re-positioning a multi-monitor setup): https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/296531/vive-locked-at-60-fps.html#answer-303603

I hope you’re able to solve the issue. I’m very new to UE4, so I’m sorry I don’t have enough knowledge to help you solve this. However, I should mention, that while I have found a few genuine bugs in the engine, I have also mistaken several issues as bugs that actually were NOT bugs, just because I am so new to UE4.

So the best thing is to post the following thread in the bug reports section: “FPS Cap in Standalone Game, t.maxfps does not help?” (with a link to a video of your problem), ask “is this is a bug or not?”, and possibly you may get some more feedback from Epic staff.

Have a good day!

~Adam

I just found this thread from 2014. It might be the answer you’re looking for!

~Adam

Hey Adam Thanks again for your Time and Answers!

1. SIngle Monitor

2. The Thread from 2k14 , i was already was trying the Trick with the Engine.ini

no Difference.

Yeah i should Open an Bug Report Maybe.

Thanks for ya Help!

hope i can FIx the Problem soon…

Have a Nice day Too.

You’re welcome! If you do happen to find out what the issue is, please be sure to post the answer here, as it will help others who may encounter the same problem.

Have a Merry Christmas!

~Adam