Can't Remote Build for iOS

Hi,

I try to remote build for iOS package.

I’m in trouble. Please help me.

Warning is given in “Permissions”, and a package fails.

(UnrealBuildTool: Permissions 0660 for ‘/cygdrive/C/Users/MJ/AppData/Roaming/Unreal Engine/UnrealBuildTool/SSHKeys/MJ-no-Mac.local/MJ/RemoteToolChainPrivate.key’ are too open.)

I attach an image of the error log.

(UE4 version 4.13.2)

Could you give me some advice?

Hi, I had this problem.

What you need to do is navigate to the RemoteToolChainPrivate.key file in windows explorer > right click > properties> security (tab) > edit (button) > Add the ‘Users’ group and assign ‘Full Control’.

IMPORTANT - Remove all other users and groups assigned to this file, leaving only the ‘Users’ group with full control.

Try packaging again. This worked for me, and got me past this error. Unfortunately I have hit a little Rsync error now, that I am trying to over come, but hopefully you might not have the same problem.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply。

Based on the information I receive from you, but I change the permission, it did not go well.

Permission number of will change(660, 555 …) , but, it will also cause the error.

I wonder if there are people who are really successful someone?

Or probably just my environment is not good environment?

I will try to a little more research.

hey i had the same error

I changed the permission of the .key file to read & write on Administrators, System and my own user.
I also deleted the folders: Saved, .xcworkspace & Intermediate from my project folder.

At least this fixed the issue of the permissions. However, I still have an rsync error

• dup() in/out/err failed
  • UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): UnrealBuildTool: rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]

Did this help you, do you now experience the same issue as I am?

-Joey

You will have to search “MacWarning: Unprotected Private Key File” and apply solution to your project file. If you get past this error and experience a new rsync error, please start a new post.

This method worked great!

Unfortunately this didn’t work for me. I changed the permissions in the file but the problem persists unchanged.

Am I going mad in thinking that this is something that should be simple/sorted by the engine rather than having us having to learn uber detailed file access security configurations? This whole remote building model is a absolute nightmare… I have the feeling it is not just me around having headaches because of that, am I right?

Any help will be much appreciated folks. Thanks.

Same problems as others, this did not work for me.

The is how I solved the problem, I’ve already posted an answer in another post, I hope it helps you if you are having the same issues:

Try this:

1. [Project Settings > iOS > Build] Generate SSH Key and follow instructions for creating the key for the user name and server name you’re using.
  2. [Windows File Explorer] Copy the generated .key file from the default save location (e.g. C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming/Unreal Engine/UnrealBuildTool/SSHKeys///RemoteToolChainPrivate.key
  3. [Windows File Explorer] Paste the .key file in a local and not shared directory (e.g. C:/RemoteToolChainPrivate.key)
  4. [Project Settings > iOS > Build] Use the Override existing SSH permissions and set the .key to the new location (e.g. C:/Remote…)
  5. If errors of denied access occur, make sure that the owner of the directory on the Mac rsync can’t access is the user you’re using

It’s an annoying problem, so please update how it goes and if you have additional problems with it.

Hope it helps.

Hey Joey.

Did you ever get past the rsync error? I’m getting exactly the same thing in UE4.21

This solution works for me… But this is so strange…
By making the key more un-secure the ssh stops complaining about the key being insecure?