Something wrong with the MoveToLocation node in UE 4.13

I have described my issue in this thread Move To Location problem

It seems stop movement when you click continuously. Right now I don’t know how to fix that so I have to use SimpleMoveTo command as a temp solution.

There appears to be a difference in 4.13 with the way MoveToLocation and MoveToActor are working when called repetitively (suchas in a tick, timer, or AI). For some reason in 4.13, if you call this function when the controller is already moving, it interrupts and starts over. I’m not sure if this is intended or not, but I was able to work around it by using GetMoveStatus and only calling MoveToLocation/MoveToActor if not already “Moving”.

I have moved this into the Bug Reports section for further investigation. Thanks for linking to the forum thread with additional information.

According to my investigation, the problem has been created because now MoveToActor and MoveToLocation invoke AbortMove on the PathFollowingComponent if a previous movement is in effect. Problem is that AbortMove also reset the speed, since the VelocityMode parameter default value is EPathFollowingVelocityMode::Reset. By passing EPathFollowingVelocityMode::Keep as VelocityMode, the bug appear to be fixed.

FWIW, this seems like an issue that should be fixed ASAP. In our projects, we rely on the way MoveToLocation/Actor has historically worked, and this has the potential of breaking quite a few existing projects in development. Perhaps a good compromise would be to offer a checkbox on MoveToLocation/Actor called “AbortFirst” that defaults to unchecked so that it’s backwards compatible.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was able to reproduce the issue on my end and have created a issue for it. You can follow it here:

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-35852

Having same issue!
Where in particular are you passing EPathFollowingVelocityMode::Keep ?
Much thanks!

Click on the link provided below about UE-35852 issue, then click on the link right next to “Fix Commit” (you will need to have a Github account connected with EpicGames).