How can I change between cameras inside of a character?

I have two cameras inside the character and I want to change between them and back. I tried “Set View Target with Blend”, but it doesn’t accept the that camera. I think it only accept cameras from outside the player.
The second camera if to work like a rear view camera, so it needs to face backward.

Does anyone knows how can I do that?

Thanks.

Ok, I just found out how to do that with “Set Active”. But now I have another problem. I have that camera looking backward, but when I switch the cameras, the new one, that should be facing back, is now facing forward.

That is how I am doing it in my character blueprint. The blueprint itself has a camera component that is attached to the player (like the third person youtube tutorial) but I change the active camera to a newly spawned one during gameplay.

Uncheck ‘Use controller view’ in Camera properties

Jumping in with another possible solution.

Check out this thread here, I provided an answer here as well using VInterpTo to have the camera smoothly transition between two points (using 1 camera component and a scene component).

-W

Thank you all for trying to help.

This is what I have! And it works, more or less. I can change the between the cameras, but as I said before, I have that camera looking backward, but when I switch the cameras, the new one, that should be facing back, is now facing forward. And ‘Use controller view’ didn’t do anything.

Well, ‘Use controller view’ works! I was setting to the wrong camera. rssss
Thank you for you help.

I will probably give some use to the other approaches. :wink:

Well, I spoke too soon!

Look at this video:

My main camera( follow camera) is fixed between 90º and -90º. And when I change to my back camera, I save the Location and rotation of the main camera before changing. Then when I go back to my main camera, I reset its location and rotation ( that I saved before ), but if, before that, I rotate the back camera, the main camera will become crazy.

These are my BP:

To get a follow camera (on a boom) to move smoothly to a position for aiming down sights, this works really well.
Note that “Position” in the Timeline is a single float track going from 1 to 0 over 0.25s.

Also, CameraTrackLength is determined by subtracting AimingViewArmLength from the boom length at the default camera distance.