Get Reference to Floor within blueprint

I have a Scene Capture 2D object that’s capturing a certain area to act like a security camera. However, I don’t want it to actually render the floor. I’ve looked into Hide Actor Components and Hide Components, and I feel like I need to use one of these.

However, how do I actually get my floor StaticMeshActor from within the blueprint? I tried calling CharacterMovementComponent::getCurrentFloor but that doesn’t seem to be working.

aondra, here’s one approach that would work using a custom tag on your actor. You would retrieve all StaticMeshActors in your scene and then loop through the result until you find one with the custom tag you’ve assigned to your floor (“SecurityCamInvisible” in my example below).

Now, adding tags can be a bit confusing because there are multiple places you can place them. You’ll want to add this tag to your floor StaticMeshActor under the “Actor” section in the Details Panel, NOT the “Tags” section (I told you it was confusing!) You’ll have to click the little down arrow at the bottom of the “Actor” section to reveal advanced properties. There you will find a place to add tags.

Here’s what the blueprint would look like:

Thanks again Krxtopher