Build version 4.1.1

Repro steps

1. Create a new project
  2. Import a static mesh from a fbx
  3. Right click on new static mesh and “create destructible mesh”
  4. Import fbx chunks
  5. Save and close editor
  6. Open editor again and edit destructible mesh

For first 4 steps all works more or less like expected. I can place destructible mesh in scene and make it to crash into pieces. But as soon as I close editor and open it again objects in scene doesn’t work and when I open destructible mesh meshes are invalid. No information appears for different depths. Just word “invalid” in drop down box.

System Specs

OS X 10.9.2

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GT 640M 512MB

Update

Uploading fbx files to create static mesh and pieces for a cube and screenshots for creation of destructible mesh and result after restart editor.

Destructible00.jpg: Destructible mesh creation importing chunks from cube_fract_01.fbx

Destructible01.jpg: Object placed in scene with physics configurations (mass scale doesn’t seems to work)

Destructible02.jpg: After saving all close editor and open it again this is how destructible mesh looks like

Destructible03.jpg: placed object after editor restart. mesh visible is fractured one.

Part of log when editor loads for second time that makes reference to destructible object:

[2014.05.14-21.05.28:206][  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [PersistentLevel_LevelScript] CreatePinForVariable: 'Destructible2' variable not found. Base class was probably changed.
[2014.05.14-21.05.28:232][  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [compiler] Warning Unable to find variable with name 'Destructible2' for  Get Destructible2 
[2014.05.14-21.05.28:233][  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [compiler] Warning Node  Unknown  is not referencing a valid level actor
[2014.05.14-21.05.28:238][  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [compiler] Warning [0009,30] Compile of PersistentLevel_LevelScript successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 12 ms]
[2014.05.14-21.05.28:247][  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [compiler] Warning Unable to find variable with name 'Destructible2' for  Get Destructible2 
[2014.05.14-21.05.28:248][  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [compiler] Warning Node  Unknown  is not referencing a valid level actor
[2014.05.14-21.05.28:252][  0]LogBlueprint:Warning: [compiler] Warning [0009,32] Compile of PersistentLevel_LevelScript successful, but with 2 Warning(s) [in 12 ms]

Hey caosdoar -

Can you upload screenshots of your errors and asset(s) that are not functioning as expected?

Thanks

-Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your answer. I’ve updated question with fbx I’m using to create destructible mesh, some screenshots and log of editor complaining about destructible after restart.

Thank you for your time.

Hey caosdoar -

I have not been able to reproduce your error yet. According to your screenshots, it looks like you are running editor in debug mode. Are you getting same error in editor without running in debug mode.

Let me know

-Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric,

Sorry for late answer. I have been testing it in a several different ways and I always end with same result (Invalid destructible mesh).

Ways I tried so far: Create a new project TP_ThirdPerson (C++) from editor 4.1.1 in release. Change solution in xcode to compile with 3 different versions (Debug, Game Debug and Development) and tried with debug or release editors to build destructible mesh. Some of combinations didn’t work and I couldn’t load editor but in ones that editor worked I always got destructible mesh corrupted after restart.

Last test I did was with same template (TP_ThirdPerson) but this time with blueprints always running editor in release. Got same result.

And tested also with 4.0.2 (This version I got binaries directly not compiled by myself) and same thing happens.

How can I help you to reproduce it?

Thank you again for your time.

Hey caosdoar,

I was able to reproduce issue on my Macbook Pro, so I will be entering a bug report into our database for our developers to look over. Can you tell me if this happens with any Destructible Mesh you import or just that one? Thanks!

Hi ,

I just tried with a random fbx file from turbosquid and same problem happens. This is file:

I was creating cubes with blender 2.70.

I realized that you don’t need to import fbx chunks (step 4) and problem still appears.

Let me know if I can provide any further help.
Cheers.

Thanks, I’m noticing that as well. Looks like this is a Mac bug. I’m entering a report now, so hopefully we’ll get that fixed soon. We appreciate all work you’ve done to help us reproduce issue.

Thanks!