Changing Brush settings resets rotation and scale

Exactly what the titles says. If I scale and rotate my brush in the level to my liking, and then need to change something in the brush settings, it completely resets the scale and rotation, while leaving the position unchanged. This is very irritating.

I think i have a similar issue. Im trying to make curved stairs with curved walls (made out of thin rotated stairs) but each time i edit something like radius or step height it snaps the stairs back to initial location and rotation. Very annoying. Anyone out there know how to turn this off?

Hi nug700,

I apologize about the inconvenience. I was able to reproduce your issue and I understand your position. This is a known issue that we are currently investigating.

In the mean time, you can manually adjust your settings in the Brush Settings section of the Details window. Further changes to the settings will not reset it to default values.

Thank you for your report, hope this helps.

~Sam

I have the same issue on osx

This is still an issue with 4.2.1.

Hi,

This is a known issue. It has been previously logged. There is no current time frame for when this will be addressed.

Using the brush and manually adjusting in the editor window will no reflect what is show in the details panel. Then adjusting anything in the details panel will reset the brush to those settings undoing any change you’ve set.

This only affects the Geometry brushes. It does not do so with the volumes.

Thank you!

Tim