UE 4.12 crashes after enabling OSVR plugin

UE 4.12 crashes after enabling OSVR plugin, any ideas what’s causing it?
thanks,
Mat

Unknown exception - code c06d007e (first/second chance not available)

KERNELBASE
UE4Editor_OSVR!_delayLoadHelper2()
UE4Editor_OSVR!_tailMerge_osvrClientKit_dll()
UE4Editor_OSVR!OSVREntryPoint::OSVREntryPoint()
UE4Editor_OSVR!FOSVR::StartupModule()
UE4Editor_Core!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\modules\modulemanager.cpp:480]
UE4Editor_Projects!FModuleDescriptor::LoadModulesForPhase() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\projects\private\moduledescriptor.cpp:398]
UE4Editor_Projects!FPluginManager::LoadModulesForEnabledPlugins() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\projects\private\pluginmanager.cpp:540]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::LoadStartupModules() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2155]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::PreInit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1609]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:114]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32
ntdll

Same exact problem.

Hello!

this issue has been fixed in the new UE4 12 Preview 5 update!

thanks for the info!

Hello Mat_Waw,

After doing some digging this appears to be a known issue (UE-30611) and that it has been resolved internally. The solution for this issue will be available in a later release of the engine.

Make it a great day

I’m having the same issue in the release version of 4.12, and 4.12.1 doesn’t seem to have fixed it. Do you know which version of the engine the fix is suppose to be in, or is there a workaround/fix to get the plugin to work you can share before the official fix is released?

Crash Report

Unknown exception - code c06d007e (first/second chance not available)

KERNELBASE UE4Editor_OSVR!_delayLoadHelper2() UE4Editor_OSVR!_tailMerge_osvrClientKit_dll() UE4Editor_OSVR!OSVREntryPoint::OSVREntryPoint() UE4Editor_OSVR!FOSVR::StartupModule() UE4Editor_Core!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\modules\modulemanager.cpp:480] UE4Editor_Projects!FModuleDescriptor::LoadModulesForPhase() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\projects\private\moduledescriptor.cpp:398] UE4Editor_Projects!FPluginManager::LoadModulesForEnabledPlugins() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\projects\private\pluginmanager.cpp:540] UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::LoadStartupModules() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2155] UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::PreInit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1609] UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:114] UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126] UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200] UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264] kernel32 ntdll

Hi drb1992,

it’s working fine now in 4.12. just make sure you use the supported video drivers.

I hope this helps.
Mat

It’s not working for me. I’ve used the latest nvidia drivers and a variety of older known supported drivers. Is there something I need to do before I enable the plugin?

no, it’s basically plug n play.
the setup that works for me:
Win 7, nvidia 362.00, UE4.12, latest set of OSVR drivers

I’m on windows 10, so the osvr drivers aren’t necessary (according to the osvr website). I also don’t have an OSVR plugged in (I currently don’t own one yet, I’m just doing this for a client), which I wouldn’t think would cause an issue as I’m just trying to enable the plugin and not actually use it. I was able to install and enable the plugin in 4.11, so I didn’t expect any issues in 4.12 since the plugin is built in.

looks like without the OSVR connected UE doesn’t want to start (just tested it…)

Okay, thanks for the help.

I think I’m having this same problem as well, or something similar. My project used to work on gear VR in 4.11 but in 4.12 no luck now seems to crash and I’m getting this error:

Assertion failed: IsInGameThread() [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.12+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Particles\ParticleComponents.cpp] [Line: 6385]