4.11 missing UE4Game.pdb

I was migrating project from 4.10 to 4.11 and got this error when trying to launch in IO

: InternalUtils.SafeCopyFile: WARNING: SafeCopyFile Exception was Exception in mscorlib: File 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Game.pdb' not found.
: Stacktrace:    in System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
:    in System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
:   in AutomationTool.InternalUtils.SafeCopyFile(String SourceName, String TargetName, Boolean bQuiet, Boolean bFilterSpecialLinesFromIniFiles)
: InternalUtils.SafeCopyFile: WARNING: Failed to copy C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Game.pdb to D:\Unreal\Unreal Projects\Mars\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Game.pdb, deleting, waiting 10s and retrying.

I’ve checked binaries/win64 there’s no UE4Game.pdb at all

Hello ,

In what way are you attempting to launch your project? Since converting it, have you built it for the specific build configurations that you need to launch it in this way? Do you receive any errors when trying to open the project in the editor via double-clicking the .uproject file?

Hey -

When you downloaded 4.11, did you check the flag under install options to include Editor symbols for debugging?

If you didn’t you can click on the drop-down next to Launch in the engine slot and select options

85195-ue4_options.png

From here check that option and accept, and this will add in the pdbs for UE4.

85194-ue4_installoptions.png

Hello
8 GB just because of 1 file? is there some essential-pack?
I guess this will solve the problem,
but I’d prefer something else, like disable debug mode or anything.

Hello
I’m starting engine then choosing project and it works ok
i’m cooking project for windows got some warnings about long names and illegal characters “:”
Success - 0 error(s), 716 warning(s)
When I build I got warnings about external references, but build is ok
I choose project from library and start it, it starts fine, but with black viewport
“LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object ‘Class None.’”
restart it same way and it’s ok - working

well thank you and , I’ve just packaged it for windows and I got result that I needed - see how it works on my machine.
in case i’ll need to start with IO+pdb I know the solution now

Could you upload the logs from when you attempted all of this? You should be able to find them in your project’s directory under Saved > Logs. When you say that you were “migrating” a project from 4.10 to 4.11, do you mean that you converted the project or that you made a new project in 4.11 and then migrated the content over?

it was a 4.10 project, I’ve made a local copy and converted it “in place”
link text

you can cancel set project settings–>Packaging–>Include Debug Files

Dear ,
You dont have to download the files, just put a dummy UE4Game.pdb intoC:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Binaries\Win64\

Good to know, thanks!

Will te UE4Game.pdb still work on cooked builds?
For my cooked build I can’t debug even adding the file to VStudio. I tried including all pdb’s too but doesn’t work.
Will I have to build the engine then?