Merge Actors: 2 bugs

I’ve discovered two easily reproducible bugs when using the experimental “Merge Actors” tool.

First bug:

It ignores any Instantiated Static Mesh Components. After merging, it leaves only one and ignores its scale. How to reproduce:
73671-
Place this BP in scene, select it and try to ‘merge’ it with “Merge Actors” tool - it will retain only one instance and ignore its Scale (if you set something else than 1,1,1).

Second bug:

It ignores any Child Actor Components. How to reproduce:

1. Create a BP with Child Actor Component (via “Add Component” panel or “Add Child Actor Component” node in Construction Script)
  2. If this Child Actor Component contains any meshes, they will disappear after using “Merge Actors”

Here’s forum thread about this issue: Merge Actors problem - Content Creation - Unreal Engine Forums
I hope it can be fixed soon, as it would be really handy to my (and others) projects.

Hello ,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report (UE-25187) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Also, please note that the feature you are reporting on is still considered experimental. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Hello, it’s been a month now, so is there any news on this one?

I went ahead and double checked on this issue for you. It appears as though the status for this issue has not been updated to fixed as of yet. As of right now,we don’t know when this will be addressed. Feel free to check back for updates and I will be happy to provide additional information when it’s available.

Any hopes for 4.12?

Hello ,

After taking a look at the report, there is no timeline in place currently for the implementation of a solution for this issue. It appears unlikely that this issue will be fixed in the 4.12 version of the engine.

Merge Actors tool is no longer experimental - any chances this will be addressed? Maybe 4.13?

I went ahead and took another look at the report for you. It appears as though the status for this issue has not been updated to fixed as of yet. The timeline for a solution has not been given yet. Feel free to check back for updates and I will be happy to provide additional information when it’s available.

Make it a great day

Issue status tracking: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-25187)

Also, vote on it so Epic knows how important it is for you.