UE4 api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll CRASH

Hi,

I am getting the following error, despite having a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro.

‘‘UE4Editor.exe - System Error
The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.’’

I would appreciate any help directed my way,
thanks in advance,

I tried installing ‘Visual C++ 2015’ for 64-bit, but once it is basically done installing, it gives me an error message:

''Setup Failed

One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix these issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file.

0x80240017 - Unspecified Error"

Hello,

This seems like an issue with Windows. As such, I have done a bit of research and discovered a link that contains a few solutions to your issue. Have a look: SmartFTP - The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Have a great day

i am seriously tired now lots of error we have to fix before installation of ue4 :3

Thanks for the link, Step 2 in the solution worked for me… basically install http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/c/b/8cb4af84-165e-4b36-978d-e867e07fc707/vc_redist.x64.exe

If you already have it installed, uninstall. and then install again :wink:

it works,http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/c/b/8cb4af84-165e-4b36-978d-e867e07fc707/vc_redist.x64.exe

Hi i need help please i know that this problem is solved or what ever but i need help im getting the error further and it doesn’t work i uninstalled and installed every redistibutable but nothing worked i really wanted to play with ue4 :frowning:

Install also the latest Net framework then the visual studio stuff :slight_smile:

hello, have you got another choice? because the framework is installed in my pc and i also installed the visual studio in the previous comments link. please help me

Hey emirod19,

If you’re still experiencing an issue and none of the provided solutions are working for you, please create a new question in the Bug Reports section in order for further assistance, as it’s possible you’re experiencing a slightly different issue.

Thanks

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the program from the link and it uninstalled just fine, but the re-install said it had a setup fail and an error 0x80080005.

For this error, you’ll need to get in touch with Microsoft support, as this is not an error that is specifically related to Unreal Engine 4 if you’re referring to uninstalling and reinstalling one of their products.

Let me know if I’m misunderstanding.

Thanks