How to prolong a blueprint print message?

Any ideas? i would like to not have to reprint it and lose ordering, etc. It seems to print for a very very brief amount of time.

There is config parameter that can be changed called PrintStringDuration in the [Kismet] parameters which you could change in your DefaultEngine.ini parameters.

This is something that I’ll make a note to expose to the project settings and we’ll consider whether adding another advanced parameter to override on a per instance basis makes sense.

Sorry for late and potentially stupid question, but how does one find out there is a [Kismet] PrintStringDuration command? I had a look in the appropriate .cpp with no luck, and being new to this I’m wondering what other useful things there could be in other classes exposed to the configs. Teach a man to fish? : )

It is in config, not code.

Open your project folder/Config/DefaultEngine.ini

Add lines:

[Kismet]
PrintStringDuration=10.0

This will override default values of engine in UE4/Engine/Config/BaseEngine.ini

I understood what the original post said. But how did the person that answered know that config was available in the first place? Is it just know-how, or is there some place where the majority or all configs are listed… Is there an API docs style listing? Or a way to look through .cpp or .h files to spot something like that (maybe it gets exposed to the .ini configs in some particular fashion that can be easy to spot in the future in other classes, instead of having to ask people if there is such and such possible config each time?). Thanks.

There’s no question that there is a lot of missing information in the documentation about things like the full set of configuration parameters. We’ve been working to move the most important/frequently changed ones in to the Project/Editor settings, but there are many.

There are 2 basic ways of a config value being read that you would need to search through the source code to located.

The first is automatically through the property system. A search using the regular expression UPROPERTY.*config will find you all properties that are flagged as a config property and (usually) can be set through the ini.

The second (which is the case for PrintStringDuration) is by calling directly to a section and key name. Searching for GConfig->Get is probably get best way to find those.

[Kismet]
PrintStringDuration=10.0
Doesn’t work for me. I still get messages only in my Console. :frowning:
I got this problem with 4.61 version. It never happened in 4.51 version.

I tried almost everything: reset layout, clean AppData - Local files, change all World and Project settings. Still nothing :frowning: ANY IDEAS?

Ok I just removed all Config files and it works. Problem is still annoying so I would like to know what setting disable message screen.