Projectile only fires in X regardless of where you're facing

I’m making a third person shooter and for some reason when the player fires the projectile it only goes down the X axis regardless of which way its facing. I’ve narrowed the issue down to Velocity in the Projectile Movement Component of the Actor Blueprint. I think part of my mistake may be copying off first person shooting tutorials though.

58402-velocityissue.png

I can’t figure out how to make it fire in local space based off which way the player is facing.
its strange this is a common feature in many games and yet I’ve only found this issue once and nobody answered it.

Sorry to revive something already posted but I’m going nuts over this.

Thankyou.

from any rotator, you can use GetFowardVector, to get a normalized vector pointing in its direction.

Your character has an arrow component, i think this component is the forward facing vector of your character, I need to double check, could this be used?

I did use an arrow component out of the bunch of things i tried but it didn’t normalize I guess.

It works! thankyou so much! I am so happy! I really need to look into normalizing. I thought the “initial velocity in local space” was the normalizing and that it was broken or something.

I have the same problem :frowning: been trying to find a solution for 4 days now!
I tried the solution above but it didn’t seem to work.
I have a aircraft with an external and cockpit camera,that I based off the content examples ufo physics flight BP. I copied in the PROJECTILE nodes from the fps BP and made a new rocket projectile BP. BUT no matter what way I point the ship, It only fire the rockets in the x direction.

Don’t completely understand where you’re going wrong sorry, can you send the project? I’ll have a crack at it.