Fading screen to red and damage

Hello

I have this kind of situation - i am placing a “bomb” which fires 5 explosions in x and y directions , if player is at one of those lines - he should die. I think i did it a bit wrong , because i am spawning those explosions with “box” shapes , and testing collision of player with those boxes , and blueprint of “explosion” returns boolean value if collision happened.

In level blueprint i am checking that boolean and if it is true - we got a deadman ! Though i want to make some effects for that , like screen flashing red for a 0.001 of second. Can someone give me a hint please on how should i do it ?

Thanks !

You could try to do that do that with post-processing or you might find something in viewport related nodes

UPDATE, i just foudn there fade and fade color systems in PlayerCameraManager APIs, thru they are not marked as accessable thru blueprints… but that might be hint for you what to search :slight_smile:

Yes that is what i first thought about , though i cannot find a way to change post-process settings via blueprint , i cannot even find an object or function which will describe post process volume settings. As well as i cannot create blueprint with prost process volume inside (like a class). Can you describe please how to do it ?

I didnt play much with them my self yet, check post post process examples in content examples

Yeah i checked though there are no examples with blueprint and events involved…

UPDATE, i just foudn there fade and fade color systems in PlayerCameraManager APIs, thru they are not marked as accessable thru blueprints… but that might be hint for you what to search :slight_smile:

That’s a very interesting finding , thank you very much , i will check this one and if it is the one - i will accept that as answer. Thanks for help !

So i’ve tried the following thing : i’ve created actor “postprocessvulume” and exposed it settings , there i could make everything i need , and after short delay delete the spawned actor. Though i couldn’t start the game as UE suddenly exits :frowning: I have Intel HD4000 and seems that it is not enough for UE4… So sad.

This is working for me, I think it’s pretty simple. I just added one Post Processing setting to my existing camera, then used “Set Post Process Blend Weight” and a Timeline to fade it in and out. Also make sure your initial setting for the camera is 0.0 blended. Fade it to 1 and it appears, fade back to 0 and it’s gone.