Error 2502 & 2503 Windows 8.1 x64

,link text

Hi, I try to install your launcher to my pc, download msi file , launch - and get 2 errors 2502 and 2503.
About 4 hours i try to find answer - how to fix it, and nothing.
I read all posts about this errors on yours forum , and nothing help me.
I folow from your’s link to official microsoft fix software from one of the posts - download it and get error from their program with link to other soft , download it to - try to install - and get one more error :slight_smile:
Sorry for my english , if you understand russian i write my question with more detail here:

До этого дня всегда пользовался , да и сейчас все еще пользуюсь (пока не решу проблему) пиратским Unrealом с торрентов - проблем не было и нет, все прекрасно идет, всех ресурсов хватает - не смотря на то, что работаю с ноута.

Сегодня решил все-же установить официальную версию с офф сайта : unrealengine.com , перенес пиратку на флешку, удалил все следы из системы, ну или большинство, скачал инсталятор лаунчера (зачем запихивать лаунчер в msi? чем вам помешал exe или на крайняк zip архивы?) и тут начались проблемы:
Запускаю лаунчер , проходит полоса загрузки - и выдает 2 окна с ошибками 2502 и 2503.
Перерыр весь ваш форум в поисках решения , перечитал ваши отсылки на стандартные решения, все проверил и попробовал, один из вариантов меня даже слегка удивил - там где вы предлагаете скачать фикс утилиту с сайта майкро$офт, скачал - начал устанавливать их утилиту - и она выдала ошибку в которой был линк на фикс уже их утилиты. Скачал вторую их утилиту - и та в конце диагностики выдала мне (в прочем как всегда генеальное решение от майкро$офт) - делайте сами. Перечитал снова все темы с данными ошибками на вашем форуме , за 4 часа безуспешных попыток и поисков решений - решил отписать вам тут - создавая еще одну безсмысленную тему с одними и теми-же ошибками.

Прошу запакуйте в простой Zip архив ваш лаунчер (в конце концов это не какой-то шедевр кодинга , а всего-лишь лаунчер) и дайте ссылочку , буду очень благодарен, не нужно никаких инсталяторов.

Can you pack your launcher files to zip or other arhive and give me link? It was much faster then find my windows trouble.

Да уж, саппорта не должешся.
Проблему решил , основная проблема была опять-же в том что вы решили запаковать лаунчер в msi , но в windows 8-8.1 нельзя просто клацнуть правой кнопкой мыши и выбрать в контекстном меню запуск от имени админа. Для этого приходится копаться в реестре дабы добавить этот пункт в контекстное меню, выкладываю это решение для тех у кого такая-же проблема:

Win+R - пишем regedit - Enter.
Идем по пути HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell
Правой кнопкой клик на папке shell - создать - раздел, называем его RunAs, левой кнопкой на него - и в правой части будет доступен параметр “По умолчанию”, двойной левый клик по нему - и пишем в строке “Запуск от имени администратора” - без кавычек, ок.
Далее создаем в нем еще один раздел по анологии, называем его command, и в его параметре по умолчанию пишем: msiexec /i “%1” - точно так-же с кавычками и прочим.
Теперь запускаем msi инсталятор от имени админа, ошибок быть не должно - лично мне помогло.

Проблема решена, тему можно закрывать.

Google translated for other users:

Yeah, no tech support dolzheshsya. Problem was solved, the main problem was again, the same is that you decided to pack launcher in the msi, but you can not just windows 8-8.1 klatsnut right-click and select the context menu Run as administrator. For this we have to delve into the registry in order to add this item to the context menu, spread the solution for those who have this same problem:

Win + R - write regedit - Enter. We go on the path HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Msi.Package \ shell Right-click on the folder shell - create - section, call it RunAs, left-click on it - and the right side will be available to the “Default”, double left-click on it - and write in the “Run as administrator” - without the quotes, okay. Then create it in another section of anologii, name it command, and its default settings are writing: msiexec / i “% 1” - exactly the same with quotes and other things. Now run the msi installer on behalf of the administrator, the error should not be - personally helped me.

Problem solved, the topic can be closed.

Yep that helped. Finally! Thanks a lot! though it was tough to go through the google-translated instructions. still had to potter around until i got it right.

basically as described:

• go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell
  • right click on shell, create a new section called “RunAs”
  • in the default key of “RunAs” enter “Run as administrator” - without the quotes - as value
  • now in the newly created “RunAs” section you have to create a new subsection (right click - new section) and call that one “command”
  • the following is to be typed in as value in the default key of “command”:

msiexec /i “%1”

watch the spaces between, it cost me some time to figuere out that there has to be no space between % and 1 and before i… but just copy it from here, and you should be fine.
now rightclicking on the epic games installer will show a new section in the menue called “Run as administrator” which now should do exactly this.

Hey thanks a lot jsut wanted to say that i had the same problem and your instructions helped!
windows 10 x64 here

Hey thanks a lot just wanted to say that i had the same problem and your instructions helped!
windows 10 x64 here